• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

I really wish Disney would consider at least one AH during Christmas week. :sad2:

I’m a retired RN who had to spend plenty of holiday weeks working & being away from my family. I can’t imagine theme park employees would be happy to work even more late night hours over the holiday week. They have families & want time off with them too. Adding an After Hours event during Christmas week would seem like a real slap in the face to CMs.

I totally understand that. MK was open until 11 on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day last year and also had kept EEH that week so I don't think Disney is considering CMs' hours during the holidays.

I'm not even interested in Christmas Eve or Christmas Day as I would avoid the parks on those days anyway. I have no interest in purchasing park tickets with the potential crowds that week so I would personally prefer an MK AH. So having one in place of MK EEH would just be something to ponder. I may end up doing EEH anyway.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the “free” popcorn during the after hours event in Germany is caramel corn? Want to double check before we waste the steps. 😋

Is the maple popcorn free? I thought it was just the standard faire popcorn at these events.

We didn’t get it, but yes, other people were. The workers seemed to be keeping a running log of how much of each item they were giving out. I thought that was interesting because at other places & at DAHs at MK I have attended, the CMs would often line beverages or popcorn up for guests to grab & go. I definitely saw the CM mark down the 2 waters we asked for in a large talley sheet. Someone posted the link to the DAH guide. Note… I did not see popcorn at the Norway spot, just beverages & ice cream.

https://blogmickey.com/2023/06/epco...inting-debut/#h-epcot-after-hours-event-guide

The workers seemed to be keeping a running log of how much of each item they were giving out. I thought that was interesting because at other places & at DAHs at MK I have attended, the CMs would often line beverages or popcorn up for guests to grab & go. I definitely saw the CM mark down the 2 waters we asked for in a large talley sheet.
They could be keeping track even though they've got it tabletop for grab & go. IE, we put out 25 items at 9:30, we replenished 20 at 9:37, etc. Or, we have 200pcs in each bin, and we keep track of how many bins we open & subtract whatever is left in the last bin. That's got to be easier than tallying each individual customer.

They could be keeping track even though they've got it tabletop for grab & go. IE, we put out 25 items at 9:30, we replenished 20 at 9:37, etc. Or, we have 200pcs in each bin, and we keep track of how many bins we open & subtract whatever is left in the last bin. That's got to be easier than tallying each individual customer.

Yes, probably. It would seem easiest to track that way. It just seemed very different to see them marking each item as you asked for it. I know many WS restaurants are not owned by Disney, so I’m not sure if the cart in Canada needs to be tracked differently than the other snack carts.

Last edited:
We're visiting late Sep/early Oct and as of now it seems the aren't any after hours events other than MNSSHP. I'm guessing we're out of luck on a DHS after hours event during this trip, right? Or do they sometimes announce these late?

We're visiting late Sep/early Oct and as of now it seems the aren't any after hours events other than MNSSHP. I'm guessing we're out of luck on a DHS after hours event during this trip, right? Or do they sometimes announce these late?
If you're staying at a Deluxe resort, you're in luck. I just saw this posted regarding EEH at DHS for some nights in Sept & Oct:
https://wdwnt.com/2023/07/hollywood-studios-extended-hours-return/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

I'm thrilled by this announcement because I'll be there one of the nights. :)

Rise is noticeably absent from this list…
Good observation. Hmmm. RotR is one of my favorite rides. They announced for Jollywood Nights at DHS that Rise will use a virtual queue. I've never done an after-hours or EEH at DHS before, so I don't know if Rise will be closed, VQ, or open during this EEH. But without it being specifically listed, I'm guessing closed?

If you're staying at a Deluxe resort, you're in luck. I just saw this posted regarding EEH at DHS for some nights in Sept & Oct:
https://wdwnt.com/2023/07/hollywood-studios-extended-hours-return/

Very cool. We’re staying at Beach Club and arrive on Sept 30th. Was already toying with doing DHS that afternoon/night and avoiding the Sat night F&W madness. This just made that decision very easy.

We didn’t get it, but yes, other people were. The workers seemed to be keeping a running log of how much of each item they were giving out. I thought that was interesting because at other places & at DAHs at MK I have attended, the CMs would often line beverages or popcorn up for guests to grab & go. I definitely saw the CM mark down the 2 waters we asked for in a large talley sheet. Someone posted the link to the DAH guide. Note… I did not see popcorn at the Norway spot, just beverages & ice cream.

https://blogmickey.com/2023/06/epco...inting-debut/#h-epcot-after-hours-event-guide
The snack stop in front of Imagination had things sitting out for us to grab and go. But since there weren't many people around it maybe they were still keeping tally.

At the Dance Party at Typhoon Lagoon After Glow, will Captain Hook and Mr. Smee sign autographs? Need to know if I should give them a page in the children's autograph book. TIA!

It's worth noting that you guys are discussing two different things. DHS is getting Extended Evening Hours (free with Deluxe stay) and not Disney After Hours (paid event for all)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter