• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Since we just missed out on getting tickets for this week’s HS DAH event, I’m toying with the idea of Epcot. Not 100% sure if the value is there or not, and obviously there are no reports. I did chat with Disney, and they said there would be no VQ for GOTG, which would be a big draw for us. So on the fence about this…thoughts?!
We went to the deluxe hours at Epcot and granted it was two hours vs three but didn’t find it to be very good. Also, the afternoon drops for Guardians are so easy to get

We went to the deluxe hours at Epcot and granted it was two hours vs three but didn’t find it to be very good. Also, the afternoon drops for Guardians are so easy to get
Oh, this is interesting. Can you expand on why the deluxe EEH were not very good? We’re going to be there later in June.

Oh, this is interesting. Can you expand on why the deluxe EEH were not very good? We’re going to be there later in June.
We enjoyed the EPCTO EEH; it's a big park so you do a lot of walking, which is the only downside imho, but most rides are all walk-on. Did the GOTG virtual queue and basically walked up to the pre-show. We also love EPCOT at night so even just walking around with very few people is enjoyable.

We enjoyed the EPCTO EEH; it's a big park so you do a lot of walking, which is the only downside imho, but most rides are all walk-on. Did the GOTG virtual queue and basically walked up to the pre-show. We also love EPCOT at night so even just walking around with very few people is enjoyable.
Was there any food available at the Epcot EEH?

Since we just missed out on getting tickets for this week’s HS DAH event, I’m toying with the idea of Epcot. Not 100% sure if the value is there or not, and obviously there are no reports. I did chat with Disney, and they said there would be no VQ for GOTG, which would be a big draw for us. So on the fence about this…thoughts?!
Interesting... the cast member I spoke with (and supposedly her manager) stated that there would be a VQ for GOTG at the EPCOT AH events that would open at 6 PM. However, I always take what cast members say with a grain of salt, since they are historically somewhat misinformed.

The CM also informed us that the International Gateway would be open for AH admission, which is something else I was worried about. Hopefully this is indeed the case!

Either way, I am attending the June 1 event so I will let everyone know how it goes afterwards!

We are doing a super short trip at the end of June and will only be able to get to Epcot on a saturday afternoon after 2 (park hopping). My concern is that all of the Virtual Q for Guardians will be gone by the time we get on property to try to get a spot. We are not going to be there during an extended hour day so my only option may be doing the June 22 after hours party so that we can ride Guardians. Why did you not like the extended hours?

Interesting... the cast member I spoke with (and supposedly her manager) stated that there would be a VQ for GOTG at the EPCOT AH events that would open at 6 PM. However, I always take what cast members say with a grain of salt, since they are historically somewhat misinformed.

The CM also informed us that the International Gateway would be open for AH admission, which is something else I was worried about. Hopefully this is indeed the case!

Either way, I am attending the June 1 event so I will let everyone know how it goes afterwards!
Oh good! Report back -- as I just posted we are thinking about doing the June 22 event and I am just not sure if it is is worth it given the number of rides we want to do at EPCOT. Curious how long the Guardian line will be.

I got Guardians VQ twice both times after 2pm. One day, the VQ was open until 5pm. The afternoon VQ is (in my experience) very easy to get. The EEH queue was gone in less than five minutes (I forgot to check until 6:05 and they were all gone)

Obviously free deluxe hours are great - yay for anything free from Disney, right? But, we found it to be way more crowded than expected. All the festival food booths that we saw were closed. As was the walkway from France to Norway. So if you wanted to ride Rat and then Frozen, it was quite the hike.

We only rode Soarin and Test Track as Rat was down.

I think the Epcot AH could be absolutely amazing and I hope it is! I just was personally disappointed in the deluxe hours.

I got Guardians VQ twice both times after 2pm. One day, the VQ was open until 5pm. The afternoon VQ is (in my experience) very easy to get. The EEH queue was gone in less than five minutes (I forgot to check until 6:05 and they were all gone)

Obviously free deluxe hours are great - yay for anything free from Disney, right? But, we found it to be way more crowded than expected. All the festival food booths that we saw were closed. As was the walkway from France to Norway. So if you wanted to ride Rat and then Frozen, it was quite the hike.

I think the Epcot AH could be absolutely amazing and I hope it is! I just was personally disappointed in the deluxe hours.
This has been our experience when doing Epcot Ehs as well. Magic Kingdoms was great, but Epcots was not worth it to us.

Just spoke to another cast member, who told me there would be no virtual queue for DAH (and clarified that it is different for EEH). As a result, just completed my purchase of our tickets for June 1. Here's to hoping it's a magical evening (or at least that it's not that packed since people may want to wait on reports first before buying)! If anything, I figure we may see some of the vloggers out there, as they usually show up to the first night (and typically have glowing reports).

Can't wait!

Just spoke to another cast member, who told me there would be no virtual queue for DAH (and clarified that it is different for EEH). As a result, just completed my purchase of our tickets for June 1. Here's to hoping it's a magical evening (or at least that it's not that packed since people may want to wait on reports first before buying)! If anything, I figure we may see some of the vloggers out there, as they usually show up to the first night (and typically have glowing reports).

Can't wait!
Just a heads-up - It is supposed to be quite rainy that day/evening.

I hope you have a great time, we will be there as well!

Just a heads-up - It is supposed to be quite rainy that day/evening.

I hope you have a great time, we will be there as well!
Yes, we are hoping that there is a pocket of clearing. On the bright side, even if it rains, it shouldn't impact most of the rides! Maybe will help clear people out ahead of time.

Great to hear that you got Guardians twice after 2. We will try to get in VQ as soon as they let us in with our hoppers.

Just wanted to come back and add my experience from this past Wednesday at HS. The long waits that had been an issue on previous dates were non-existent and we had a great time! It was raining as we arrived but the weather cleared up after not too long. I think this helped make the crowds lower.

Arrived at 6:50 and checked in then headed straight to Launch Bay before they closed at 7:00. It was right at 7:00 or 7:01 when we walked up, but the CM let us in as the last guests of the night because she could see us hustling to get there lol. We wanted to get in line for Darth Vader but he had a posted 40 min wait and they had closed his queue for the night. Instead, we headed over to Chewie who had a 10 min wait and they let us in as the last guests in his queue.

After Launch Bay, we headed over to Star Tours and got it out of the way since it was a walk-on and then did Muppet Vision 3D before they closed for the night. We also mobile ordered Docking Bay 7 within this time and grabbed dinner.

I had made an 8:40 reservation for Oga's even though I knew they would be taking walk ins during the event. I didn't want to waste event time on this and used it as a way to let day crowds clear out before the official start of AH. During our time in Oga's, we had a Storm Trooper come in looking for someone. I don't know if this is a normal occurrence or if it had something to do with AH being that night, but this was our 3rd time at Oga's and I've never seen anything like that. It was pretty cool.

After Oga's, AH had officially started so we headed over to MFSR which had a 10 minute wait, but was really more like a walk on. Then we did ROTR with just a 10 minute wait which was the lowest I saw it all night (but it never really got high).

Afterwards, we hit up Toy Story Land and did TSMM as a walk-on. We considered Slinky which was posted at 30 minutes, but didn't want to use up the time in line. Grabbed ice cream and drinks with no wait. We could have done Alien Swirling Saucers with no wait too but just weren't really interested.

Headed to MMRR after and rode with an under 10 minute wait, did a few Photo Pass pics, and then did Tower of Terror which was a walk-on. Grabbed more ice cream and drinks on the way out.

Couldn't have went any better unless we had been able to fit in Slinky, but we felt very accomplished anyway.

Last edited:

Can't wait!

We are one of those people waiting to hear how the first AH goes! Looking forward to hearing about it - hope it is fabulous for you.

We are attending the July Epcot AH party. We are hoping for positive feedback.

While not an AH party, the only thing I have to compare is from last October when my husband and I attended the DisCon event at Epcot. This was a two-hour after hours party that included access to GOTG (no VQ), TT, Mission Space, plus characters and food. We were able to ride GOTG three times in a row, and could have gone on at least one more time (possible two) but we wanted to experience other things as well.

Anyone else surprised that HS still has a 9pm park close listed for June 7th? I mean I’ll take the hour if accurate, but surprised they haven’t extended those hours yet. Do they usually extend hours this close to a date?

Just wanted to come back and add my experience from this past Wednesday at HS. The long waits that had been an issue on previous dates were non-existent and we had a great time! It was raining as we arrived but the weather cleared up after not too long. I think this helped make the crowds lower.

Arrived at 6:50 and checked it then headed straight to Launch Bay before they closed at 7:00. It was right at 7:00 or 7:01 when we walked up, but the CM let us in as the last guests of the night because she could see us hustling to get there lol. We wanted to get in line for Darth Vader but he had a posted 40 min wait and they had closed his queue for the night. Instead, we headed over to Chewie who had a 10 min wait and they let us in as the last guests in his queue.

After Launch Bay, we headed over to Star Tours and got it out of the way since it was a walk-on and then did Muppet Vision 3D before they closed for the night. We also mobile ordered Docking Bay 7 within this time and grabbed dinner.

I had made an 8:40 reservation for Oga's even though I knew they would be taking walk ins during the event. I didn't want to waste event time on this and used it as a way to let day crowds clear out before the official start of AH. During our time in Oga's, we had a Storm Trooper come in looking for someone. I don't know if this is a normal occurrence or if it had something to do with AH being that night, but this was our 3rd time at Oga's and I've never seen anything like that. It was pretty cool.

After Oga's, AH had officially started so we headed over to MFSR which had a 10 minute wait, but was really more like a walk on. Then we did ROTR with just a 10 minute wait which was the lowest I saw it all night (but it never really got high).

Afterwards, we hit up Toy Story Land and did TSMM as a walk-on. We considered Slinky which was posted at 30 minutes, but didn't want to use up the time in line. Grabbed ice cream and drinks with no wait. We could have done Alien Swirling Saucers with no wait too but just weren't really interested.

Headed to MMRR after and rode with an under 10 minute wait, did a few Photo Pass pics, and then did Tower of Terror which was a walk-on. Grabbed more ice cream and drinks on the way out.

Couldn't have went any better unless we had been able to fit in Slinky, but we felt very accomplished anyway.
That sounds like a great night. Was Chewie available at all for pics as part of the AH? Also, what time did you end up staying until? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter