After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Which is better for 6/28?

Free (sorta) EEH at MK? (We’re staying at the swan) OR…

$596 AH at DHS?
Sorry, my error, I thought you were talking about the Early Morning hours. Because the Wednesday date for HS was on the same day as MK EEH we had to chose. We chose HS AH. We had a wonderful time, but can't speak to the Evening Hours for MK. I can tell you everything at HS was a walk on, except SDD, probably 15 - 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Sorry, my error, I thought you were talking about the Early Morning hours. Because the Wednesday date for HS was on the same day as MK EEH we had to chose. We chose HS AH. We had a wonderful time, but can't speak to the Evening Hours for MK. I can tell you everything at HS was a walk on, except SDD, probably 15 - 20 minutes.
Did EEH twice at MK over the past 6 months. Awesome! Almost everything was a walk on both times with a 15 min wait at 7 DMT. Did AH at DHS in early March. Was not impressed. Regular day guests were in line until at least 10 PM because there was no break between closing time and beginning of AH. Rise takes almost 45 minutes even without much of a line so that ate up almost an hour. At 12 midnight there was still a 25 minute wait for SDD, so we never ended up riding that. We did TSM, Rise, TOT, MMRR, and that’s it - in 2 1/2 hours - not worth the money in my opinion. MK EEH a much better evening, and free!

I have After Hours tickets for HS - we are staying at Wilderness. What are the options to get back to that resort at 1am? Will busses be running?

I’d be pretty happy with that as I could ride multiple rides multiple times. ROR is always going to be a one time thing - I do hope the wait at SDD is less as I’d love to ride that twice

I’d be pretty happy with that as I could ride multiple rides multiple times. ROR is always going to be a one time thing - I do hope the wait at SDD is less as I’d love to ride that twice
It never got lower than 45 minutes and it took til 11:30pm to get that low. At one point it was over an hour. It was a bummer. Everyone was going for that and ROTR.

It never got lower than 45 minutes and it took til 11:30pm to get that low. At one point it was over an hour. It was a bummer. Everyone was going for that and ROTR.
Oh, that sucks. I may have to pop on over to HS at other times just to ride those two and don’t bother that night. I won’t be getting to AH that early since I have ADR at Flying Fish for 7:15Pm.

No choice but to play it by ear and hope for the best. Thanks!

Heading down next month and super excited. Planning to make more of a last minute decision regarding DAH at HS. We did one at MK right before the pandemic, and my kids still rave about how awesome it was. I’m really tempted to do it (despite the mixed reports) based on our ride priorities. However, planning to monitor how things go over the next couple of events.

We could potentially also do the one at Epcot, but I’m not sure I’m seeing the value there at this point. My concern would be that everyone would be there intending to ride GOTG, and I’m not sure if they would limit the attendance enough to really maximize things.

Looking forward to reading more reports!

We're planning our first trip since Genie/LL were introduced and as a FP enthusiast I am feeling overwhelmed and very much un-excited about the new system. With my kids being teenagers now I'm considering a split stay at our favorites (BC and AKL) and doing 2-3 After Hours events only at the parks. Not being able to go to AK or MK is a drawback, but I'm wary of long lines everywhere and having to pay for a system that I don't understand well even after trying to learn about it (and being grateful for everyone's helpful explanations here). Has anyone else done an AH only stay? Thoughts?

I’ve never tried this.

When are you going? Staying at AK/BC you’ll have the advantage of Extended Evening Hours at Epcot on Mon and MK on Wed. MK is alot of fun. Some people feel that Epcot is hard since the rides are so spread out there but personally, I love the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride so so so much that getting to ride it again during EEH helped make that night awesome.

Our next trip is mid December and I’m hoping HS will repeat what they did last year, hold EEH on Thurs.

I think the problem with only doing After Hours is not enough hours to soak up the atmosphere and no ability to see most of the shows. The parks don’t have everything running. AH is good for banging out some rides but not quite a replacement for park days.

I did the AH only at Magic Kingdom during spring break. The parks were SO BUSY and Genie Plus is not appealing to me. So we chanced it and did AH for one day and a full park day another at MK. The AH evening was far and away better. The amount of rides we got in was crazy. We went at 7, right when we could get in, and stayed until closing. My kids (9 and 11) and husband all agreed it was the best value the entire week and our favorite night. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder, most rides were a walk in, and the longest wait was 30 minutes for Space Mountain and SDMT.

We've considered it as well. I have some park tickets I need to use before they expire, so we'll be including those with our upcoming trip. But even my kids said they'd be happy doing AH events in the future. It would allow for more calm days, pool time, relaxing. Plus, with the AH events, you still can get in at 7pm. If you're all about the rides, I think they can be a great option (our last one, my daughter did space mountain 6 times in a row).

Went to AH last night at HS and it was great! arrived around 8:30 park didn’t appear crowded and rode TSM posting a 15 min wait but walked right through and onto ride. At 9:30 there were CMs checking for wristbands but several of the ice cream/drink locations just had drinks and ice cream items spread out so people could grab as they went buy and even the 2 lines I did stand in moved quickly but didn't ask to see anyone’s wristbands so really anyone walking by could probably just grab whatever they wanted. I didn’t think about that until later so can’t say I actually saw this happen…the fact that regular park hours overlapped didn’t affect our evening as the park crowd was low and we enjoyed walking around and enjoyed a beautiful evening. Although we didn’t do many rides we didn’t see any really long lines or congestion anywhere except around TOT area and that was due to crowd waiting to get into late Fantasmic show. I was told skyway would run until 11:00 pm last night. We left a few minutes after 11:00 and it was still running. Also the 10 pm Fantasmic show was delayed so regular guests who stayed for the show were basically in park til around 11 but seemed like CMs steered guests without wristbands toward exit. We felt it was money well spent🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter