After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Our issue with 2/22 at HS was that even though the wait times were significantly lower than during the day, the event was only three hours. So while waiting over an hour for Rise during the day would have been acceptable, half of our three hour (very pricy!) after hours window was eaten up by one ride. It seemed to me they way over sold the event.

I have March 29 at HS booked for AH, and out of curiosity, I looked on the WDW website today and I noticed that our date is not sold out. Neither is the March 27 date at MK. I'm wondering if the really crowded feeling AH events were totally sold out? Would events not sold out yet feel less crowded and have a potential for shorter lines?

My boys chose HS over MK for our AH event before we realized that RnR was closed. I'm wondering if I can call WDW and ask to change our tickets from the HS event to the MK event? Meaning we don't want a refund on our tickets, we just want to switch events from HS to MK.
I was at HS and MK on sold out nights, and both events were great. Even at the beginning of the night things were walk-ons. Right at close they were checking wristbands and not allowing people in ride lines and also not allowing people to enter lands, steering them to the exit - like not allowing people without the wristbands to walk through GE for those empty park pics and the like.

Our issue with 2/22 at HS was that even though the wait times were significantly lower than during the day, the event was only three hours. So while waiting over an hour for Rise during the day would have been acceptable, half of our three hour (very pricy!) after hours window was eaten up by one ride. It seemed to me they way over sold the event.
That’s why we didn’t even try Rise. My daughter didn’t really want to go on it anyway. She prefers smugglers run 🙄. But yea for 50 minutes waiting on line that would eat up almost 1/3 of your time

It’s kind of BS though if they upped the capacity because of holiday crowds. The price for the event was the most expensive price point. At the end of the night, after the regular park guests left, it definitely should have been less crowded.
I don’t think they upped capacity. I think there was still a large queue when the event started.

I don’t think they upped capacity. I think there was still a large queue when the event started.
I don't think they upped the capacity number either, however they didn't adjust it for having a major ride closed either, so technically, percent-wise, capacity would have been higher based on the number of rides they had available. They also didn't adjust for there not being a buffer in between park close and event starting nor did they even have things ready to go at the event start. - I think I mentioned somewhere, but the ice cream stand on the corner of sunset blvd. (so in the main area) didn't have their "event ice cream supply" until 15-20 mins. into the event, so we were all just standing in a line for that time. It seemed pretty apparent Disney was not trying on Wed. night.

I don't think they upped the capacity number either, however they didn't adjust it for having a major ride closed either, so technically, percent-wise, capacity would have been higher based on the number of rides they had available. They also didn't adjust for there not being a buffer in between park close and event starting nor did they even have things ready to go at the event start. - I think I mentioned somewhere, but the ice cream stand on the corner of sunset blvd. (so in the main area) didn't have their "event ice cream supply" until 15-20 mins. into the event, so we were all just standing in a line for that time. It seemed pretty apparent Disney was not trying on Wed. night.
This makes me wonder how the Epcot AH would be. We did the Epcot deluxe evening hours in April and thought it was meh. But both frozen and test track were down, so everyone went on Remy. Plus all of the rides are so far away from each other in epcot. Is it even worth it for what you’ll be able to do? I’m pretty sure everyone would be going to guardians.

This makes me wonder how the Epcot AH would be. We did the Epcot deluxe evening hours in April and thought it was meh. But both frozen and test track were down, so everyone went on Remy. Plus all of the rides are so far away from each other in epcot. Is it even worth it for what you’ll be able to do? I’m pretty sure everyone would be going to guardians.

I'm honestly at a loss in trying to understand how that event will be worth the money at all. I suspect it won't sell well, so maybe it will end up being an amazing value after all?

It’s kind of BS though if they upped the capacity because of holiday crowds. The price for the event was the most expensive price point. At the end of the night, after the regular park guests left, it definitely should have been less crowded.
I have no idea if they did or didn’t, but one bad day out of all the time AH has been held shouldn’t be held against Disney. There could be many reasons that that night just didn’t flow as well..

Yea, that's my concern too. I'm on the fence - I'd love to do Epcot AH and ride Guardians over and over again, but if the line was 30 or 60 minutes, I'd be pretty unhappy. Blargh.

Any ideas on when it may sell out?

That's how we felt about Epcot deluxe hours as well. - We did Epcot and MK ones twice last year and while we found the MK were great; the Epcot ones weren't really worth doing and had decided that we wouldn't bother with them again.

We walked out of MK on Monday Feb 27 at 6:50 and good grief the line to get into the AH event made it next to impossible to get to the bus depot. I had to act like a snowplow for hubby's scooter so that we could get thru the sea of people. So many people squashed into a very small space but they all seemed happy! Has us rethinking our plans for getting into the party tomorrow night (March 2nd) we actually have an extra day on our tickets since our old bodies couldn't handle a park day yesterday so we might spend an hour in Epcot to eat and then hop over and be on the other side of the gate before 7

Do folks anticipate them adding more MK dates? We were banking on the HS in May, but for some reason they don’t have dates the week of the 7th. Now we just are hoping they will add more MK dates.

Do folks anticipate them adding more MK dates? We were banking on the HS in May, but for some reason they don’t have dates the week of the 7th. Now we just are hoping they will add more MK dates.

I wanted AH MK, but I didn’t want to lose out on AH at HS, which I just bought for 5/3.

Just in case they don’t extend MK, though, you can still do MK at night, which is so magical. You should be able to get a lot done from, say, 8-10 or 11 pm - I did several rides in that time this past November.

Got our June 7th HS DAH tickets!

We purchased ours for this date as well, but the prices were higher than I anticipated. I thought it was $139 for regular guests and $99 for AP holders and DVC members but we paid $119 as DVC members and the regular price is now $149.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter