After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We went last night too and we had a different experience then those above. The lack of the buffer time means the rides are still very busy until about 10. We went to Star Tours during this time (after Fantasmic) which worked out well. Then at 9:30 we went on TSM twice and that was good as well. We went in the Slinky line and that looked too long but Rise showed at 15 min and Smugglers at 10 min (about 10 pm now) so we quickly headed there instead. We got in the Rise line and it was very long even on the outside so we knew it had to be longer than 15 so we bailed and headed to Smugglers. It was posted at 10 and would stay that way for the next half hour. At this point Rise jumped to 40 min. So we got in the Smugglers line. That line was a nightmare! It barely moved even though it continued to post 10 min so we all thought is would start moving and it is not easy to bail on that ride once you are in there. 45 min later we finally got to boarding. It turns out that the were only operating at half capacity (all while posting 10 min wait). Just as we got to the loading bays it posted at 40 min. Everyone in the line was furious. We ended up wasting 50 min at one ride! The biggest issue was they continued posting the wrong time and gave no hint they were operating at half capacity.

We did rush and got several TT rides in as well as MMRR in. But we had no time to do Rise or SD as those continued to have 15 min waits.

We stopped at GS on the way out to complain. She of course apologized and then eventually offered us each 2 future LL. We left this morning so hopefully we can use them in the future.

Another complaint was the parking. They parked everyone coming in around 7 about as far away as possible (way past the buses) even though that was completing unnecessary and there were plenty of open spots. That was a long way back to the cars!

So overall, I don’t know how I feel about AH now. We have been to a number of them before and this one was far more disappointing. And they definitely had less people at them. Plenty of snacks with short lines towards the end of the evening. As a poster about 2/22 indicated they were not ready at 9:30 with that but honestly that was difficult because there is no buffer. We did time that right though and we got drinks soon after the start.

We went last night too and we had a different experience then those above. The lack of the buffer time means the rides are still very busy until about 10. We went to Star Tours during this time (after Fantasmic) which worked out well. Then at 9:30 we went on TSM twice and that was good as well. We went in the Slinky line and that looked too long but Rise showed at 15 min and Smugglers at 10 min (about 10 pm now) so we quickly headed there instead. We got in the Rise line and it was very long even on the outside so we knew it had to be longer than 15 so we bailed and headed to Smugglers. It was posted at 10 and would stay that way for the next half hour. At this point Rise jumped to 40 min. So we got in the Smugglers line. That line was a nightmare! It barely moved even though it continued to post 10 min so we all thought is would start moving and it is not easy to bail on that ride once you are in there. 45 min later we finally got to boarding. It turns out that the were only operating at half capacity (all while posting 10 min wait). Just as we got to the loading bays it posted at 40 min. Everyone in the line was furious. We ended up wasting 50 min at one ride! The biggest issue was they continued posting the wrong time and gave no hint they were operating at half capacity.

We did rush and got several TT rides in as well as MMRR in. But we had no time to do Rise or SD as those continued to have 15 min waits.

We stopped at GS on the way out to complain. She of course apologized and then eventually offered us each 2 future LL. We left this morning so hopefully we can use them in the future.

Another complaint was the parking. They parked everyone coming in around 7 about as far away as possible (way past the buses) even though that was completing unnecessary and there were plenty of open spots. That was a long way back to the cars!

So overall, I don’t know how I feel about AH now. We have been to a number of them before and this one was far more disappointing. And they definitely had less people at them. Plenty of snacks with short lines towards the end of the evening. As a poster about 2/22 indicated they were not ready at 9:30 with that but honestly that was difficult because there is no buffer. We did time that right though and we got drinks soon after the start.
Definitely frustrating for Smugglers run.

Though I think I would be happy with 15 minute waits.

What do you think Epcot will be like? Just long waits at Guardians? We have to wait until June to see!

At HS, is Oga's pretty typically walk-in during each AH event? Trying to decide if we should make a reservation for before the event or just walk in during it. TBH, there aren't that many attractions at the park so thinking we could use some of our time to drop in there.

At HS, is Oga's pretty typically walk-in during each AH event? Trying to decide if we should make a reservation for before the event or just walk in during it. TBH, there aren't that many attractions at the park so thinking we could use some of our time to drop in there.

Haven't been to the events, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Oga's wasn't effectively a walk-in pretty much throughout the event. There just aren't that many attendees who won't be prioritizing rides.

I'd simply make it a point to do a drive by every so often and if there's a wait, check back 15-20 minutes later.

Haven't been to the events, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Oga's wasn't effectively a walk-in pretty much throughout the event. There just aren't that many attendees who won't be prioritizing rides.

I'd simply make it a point to do a drive by every so often and if there's a wait, check back 15-20 minutes later.
There
not sure if it’s normal, but at around 1145 last night Oga’s was half empty. I’d suggest doing some rides first then stopping by and I bet it is walk in.

We will be in the Central Florida area to watch my older son's baseball team at spring training. As such, we are only going to the MK after hours event on March 20. Since that is the only park we will be doing, and you get wristbands for the event, I see no benefit to bringing our magicbands. Is that a correct thought?

Here’s my secret hope that by May, MK will be staying open until 2 am for extended evening hours. If that happens, totally going to ditch the last few minutes of AH and go to MK!

We will be in the Central Florida area to watch my older son's baseball team at spring training. As such, we are only going to the MK after hours event on March 20. Since that is the only park we will be doing, and you get wristbands for the event, I see no benefit to bringing our magicbands. Is that a correct thought?
We did MK AH a couple weeks ago with no magic bands. They scanned our ticket bar codes from the phone, and also asked to see the credit card we paid with. I had a moment of panic because we paid with a disney visa rewards card and I wasn't sure I had it on me, but i had it in my wallet so all was good. Just be aware they may ask to see your form of payment.

At HS, is Oga's pretty typically walk-in during each AH event? Trying to decide if we should make a reservation for before the event or just walk in during it.

We are trying to decide the same for the 4/2 HSAA event. I have a 7:55 rez for Oga’s, so I initially thinking to go before the event starts so we can maximize our time on rides. We don’t have a park rez that day otherwise. Planning on a chill day at the hotel with swimming, and a QS dinner of pizza at boardwalk on our walk over to HS.

Thanks everyone for the tips! Will adjust our expectations on wait times, especially before 10 PM.

Is Olga’a just a bar or is there something special about it that it’s so popular ?

Is Olga’a just a bar or is there something special about it that it’s so popular ?
It's a bar that looks like the cantina in Star Wars. They have only pre-made drinks (and they aren't good IMHO), beer and wine. Very limited food.

The atmosphere is cool, and if you can just go in and look around or sit and enjoy a drink, it's neat. It was a once and done for us. We stayed around 20 minutes and that was plenty.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/ogas-cantina/menus/

It's a bar that looks like the cantina in Star Wars. They have only pre-made drinks (and they aren't good IMHO), beer and wine. Very limited food.

The atmosphere is cool, and if you can just go in and look around or sit and enjoy a drink, it's neat. It was a once and done for us. We stayed around 20 minutes and that was plenty.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/ogas-cantina/menus/

They do have wine though, right? I was thinking we'd end our AH at Oga's and I'd have a glass of wine, take some pictures.

They do have wine though, right? I was thinking we'd end our AH at Oga's and I'd have a glass of wine, take some pictures.
I should add that I’ve been trying to order the wine for at least a year. Don’t know if I was always unlucky that “Oga drank the last of the wine reserves, but we’ve ordered more,” but I was actually surprised when they said they had it in Jan! I think it was called Toniray.

Does this group have an opinion on which rides to hit first during AH, to allow daytime crowds to thin out? I was thinking MMRR or TSM might be the best options? Or even ToT?

I should add that I’ve been trying to order the wine for at least a year. Don’t know if I was always unlucky that “Oga drank the last of the wine reserves, but we’ve ordered more,” but I was actually surprised when they said they had it in Jan! I think it was called Toniray.

So it's a "gimmick" wine and I can't just order a glass of white? That's good to know, thank you! (I'm allergic to red)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter