After hours are here to stay.

They’re not kicking anyone out for after hours…hence the name. The other parties were worse b/c they were more crowded so not worth it for those who did pay extra & also cut park hours short to regular guests.
I didn't realize this. So if you're in the AH park as a day guest, you can remain? And ride the rides? Or just remain in the park but not have access to any of the AH rides?

TIA for the info!

I didn't realize this. So if you're in the AH park as a day guest, you can remain? And ride the rides? Or just remain in the park but not have access to any of the AH rides?

TIA for the info!
You can't ride rides, and you can't get into certain lands as there were check points where you had to show your wristband. You probably could hang out on main street and shop etc.

TIA for the info!
No day guests leave at park close. AH guests can remain, after regular park hours.

I think as long as they add back some parades or fireworks, then this is a good way to do it. I really loved Villains After hours though and the stage show was the biggest reason why, so I would like those on the table too.

They’re not kicking anyone out for after hours…hence the name. The other parties were worse b/c they were more crowded so not worth it for those who did pay extra & also cut park hours short to regular guests.

I think this is true, but there's no denying that increasing the number of opportunities for people to pay extra for night time hours (After Hours events, extended hours for Deluxe resort guests) reduces the odds of late hours for all. For example, in the past, Thanksgiving week usually had one party on Sunday, then the rest of the week MK was open until 11 or 12 to accommodate the big holiday crowds. This year, they are doing parties Sunday and Tuesday, extended hours for Deluxe on Wednesday. So, there are less chances to stay late with a peak priced day ticket that week then there have been historically, which may very well impact how crowded it feels in the park that week.

How early are they letting in the AH guests? Before I believe they were let in 2hr early. If so then you have 5hr in the park. That is almost enough time to just forgo a regular park ticket AND have less people around you!

Last edited:
In other words, this is an "option" that works for some people. :thumbsup2

Sort of...Back in those long-gone days of 2018 there were things like After Hours AND MNSSHP. One option isn't really an option. It's an option to go or stay home, but I guess the all of Disney (and most everything else in life) caters to that option.

Sort of...Back in those long-gone days of 2018 there were things like After Hours AND MNSSHP. One option isn't really an option. It's an option to go or stay home, but I guess the all of Disney (and most everything else in life) caters to that option.
Not really. You have the option of doing AH's . And you have the option of not doing it and doing the park all day until 9 that day or any other day. As we get older, 5 hours in a park is perfect. On future trips will be paying for less full days and more AH's. It totally is an option to do things differently. Yes the AH's will be more than an actual park day, but for us that will be worth it if the park is truly a lower crowd event.

Not sure that the park day should be taken into account when we're talking after hours options. There was "After Hours" like what they did with Villains, etc. along with Christmas and Halloween parties.

Now there is only one. After Hours is it.

Not even sure that this option helps your situation either. If you want to bring regular park days into the picture, the parks used to be open later, and they were emptier than empty around midnight which is when the parties go until. That was like getting an after hours crowd level for free!

I don't want to take away After Hours. Many people love it and are willing to pay. I'm just opposed to having a $200 party being the ONLY option for late night, hard ticket, park access when there was two before.

There is only one rea$on.

Not really. You have the option of doing AH's . And you have the option of not doing it and doing the park all day until 9 that day or any other day. As we get older, 5 hours in a park is perfect. On future trips will be paying for less full days and more AH's. It totally is an option to do things differently. Yes the AH's will be more than an actual park day, but for us that will be worth it if the park is truly a lower crowd event.
Gonna be honest here, with the park hours the way they are now and the lack of fast passes, when we went in June, we were there when the parks opened and stayed until they closed. We felt rushed, after 7 days in the parks, we felt like we didnt get to do everything.

I'm not gonna fork over even more money for an AH event.

In other words, this is an "option" that works for some people. :thumbsup2
Exactly! I’m not usually one to side with the “splurgers”, but it worked this time! (I’m not even sure if we could afford an AH event next time we visit, to be honest)

Not sure that the park day should be taken into account when we're talking after hours options. There was "After Hours" like what they did with Villains, etc. along with Christmas and Halloween parties.

Now there is only one. After Hours is it.

Not even sure that this option helps your situation either. If you want to bring regular park days into the picture, the parks used to be open later, and they were emptier than empty around midnight which is when the parties go until. That was like getting an after hours crowd level for free!

I don't want to take away After Hours. Many people love it and are willing to pay. I'm just opposed to having a $200 party being the ONLY option for late night, hard ticket, park access when there was two before.

There is only one rea$on.

And After Hours right now (as in the last few current parties, not the blogger invited ones) seem to not be After Hours, but are MNSSHP size from about 10-12 years ago, so look for the prices and attendance to keep rising as the years go by, til they rebrand it again and give it another huge price increase...

Gonna be honest here, with the park hours the way they are now and the lack of fast passes, when we went in June, we were there when the parks opened and stayed until they closed. We felt rushed, after 7 days in the parks, we felt like we didnt get to do everything.

I'm not gonna fork over even more money for an AH event.
No offense, but I would NEVER go on a trip to WDW expecting to "do everything". That is nuts. Way too much stuff for that. pirate:

I’ve been many times, and did a lot more than we did this time.

i know you can’t do everything, but we certainly didn’t do nearly as much as we used to.
Ok, that isn't what you said the first time. I have many trips in too, and we basically never do as much as the previous time. Don't know is that just a feeling, or if it is just us slowing down. I think that with four parks, and bigger crowds, we just can never tour the parks like we did years ago. And the parks have gotten bigger...at least MGM and AKL have with Pandora, Toy Story and GE. Epcot and MK will as soon as Guardians and Tron open up. And DS has gotten to be more and more of a draw. But, really I think we have just embraced a slower pace. We still have to keep up with the grandtinker though and she wants to go, go, go.

Ok, that isn't what you said the first time. I have many trips in too, and we basically never do as much as the previous time. Don't know is that just a feeling, or if it is just us slowing down. I think that with four parks, and bigger crowds, we just can never tour the parks like we did years ago. And the parks have gotten bigger...at least MGM and AKL have with Pandora, Toy Story and GE. Epcot and MK will as soon as Guardians and Tron open up. And DS has gotten to be more and more of a draw. But, really I think we have just embraced a slower pace. We still have to keep up with the grandtinker though and she wants to go, go, go.
I'll just say this, we felt more rushed this time than ever, for us to do less than we have before, we also had less time to relax.

We spent more times in line, and had less time in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter