After going a number of times has anyone else found themselves buying little to no souvenirs?

Have not bought anything in the last couple trips. Unless something really catches my eye that I like, won't be getting anything next trip

My daughter got one of the year of a million dreams lanyards. Now we usually get one pin/trip. Not huge shoppers.

We only buy Christmas ornaments. Each member picks out an ornament from the Christmas shop at MK. We have it shipped home and it is usually there waiting for us. This year after 8 trips we finally made an all Disney trip tree. I love it!!

I have noticed that I buy fewer and fewer things now that I go at least twice a year. I like to collect but not trade pins so I usually get the event specific or seasonal pins, sometimes I get a seasonal set of Minnie ears, and lately I have been gravitating toward the more expensive items like Dooneys or Veras. This next trip I am excited to see the new dresses they have at The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane at DS. I also like to get kitchen items.

I now try to buy things with meaning.

My latest purchase was a "Blessing Basket" from Animal Kingdom.

I can't see getting much of anything this trip.

I never buy anything anymore and my boys only get about $10 each now. We just have no need to buy anything much anymore.

As most posters said, we are buying less souvenirs. I already have lots of Disney tee shirts and hats, so I only buy a new one if I love it. Sometimes we get a coffee mug.

The shops do have a lot of nice stuff, but the spiralling cost of the vacation itself doesn't leave us with much disposable cash. We did like the lenticular cups; how come they now have so few of those to choose from?

I've only been to WDW three times, but I definitely spent much less on souvenirs on my last trip vs. the first or second ones. I do pick up a lot of things to take a closer look at, but about 95% of those items fail the "Is this a reasonable price for a sane person to pay?" test. Anything I regret not buying can almost always be purchased from Ebay or shopping apps, like Mercari, for a fraction of the price (the Shop Parks app is a last resort), or I can buy a much cuter version of it from Disney Store Japan.

My sister, on the other hand, probably spent more on souvenirs on our last trip than I have in three trips, and was REALLY pleased with herself!

If I buy anything, it's usually not a traditional souvenir with "Disney" all over it. For example, a teapot I liked at the UK in Epcot or a margarita glass from Mexico. I have things that no one wold know are souvenirs, but they remind me every time I use them. Still, I don't buy anything unless I really like it and plan on using it.

We don't buy nearly as much as we used to. In part because the kids are grown, so we breeze past that stuff. But - largely in part to the redundancy of the merch. Same stuff in the same store year after year. Plus - all of that Star Wars junk clogging the shelves. There isn't nearly as much that appeals to us as there used to be.

Disney usually comes out with a neat Cindy shirt or I was convinced to buy the maroon flowy Belle shirt a few years ago and I buy it.....I'm a sucker for Cindy stuff.....I was at Disney Springs on Monday (sadly my AP isn't scheduled until October so I had to refrain from parks, but I got to enjoy the Four Seasons pool yay!) and I HAD to buy a "No Sleep Til Midnight" Cindy shirt......

one trip I found all the BEST mugs...I literally came home with 4....

bu I don't buy the normal souvenirs, I came back from my first trip to Disneyland with a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious pillow

This year was 6 in a row and we are still fairly into getting souvenirs. The kids and I collect pins, so we always wind up coming back with a bunch. Usually some kind of clothing item - my mom loves the "yearly" zip up hoodies, so we always bring one back for her. A couple of t-shirts.

My biggest weak spot though is the Disney art that they sell in the WonderGround Gallery area of the Marketplace Co-op store.

This year I bought four of the Disney Retro ride posters
Jungle cruise, which doesn't seem available anymore
https://www.disneystore.com/posters...retro-poster-deluxe-print/mp/1417349/1011901/
https://www.disneystore.com/posters...-small-world-deluxe-print/mp/1414818/1011901/
https://www.disneystore.com/posters...retro-poster-deluxe-print/mp/1417369/1011901/

And this Walt's Dream painting
https://www.vizartink.com/products/disney-walts-dream

Unfortunately I'm pretty much now out of wall space, so I'll need to rein it in next time we go.

I almost always buy an inexpensive piece of jewelry, under $75. About every other time I buy a sweatshirt.

Can't say the last time DH or I bought a souvenir. Its been at least 10 years for sure. Our young children get a small souvenir budget each trip but even that is starting to seem crazy to me as we increase the frequency of our trips. And the kids just buy toys they could find at our Disney store anyway. Lol.

This past weekend I purchased a Figment phone case.
That was it.
When I went in April I literally purchased nothing although I had wanted an Epcot sweatshirt that was not in my size and my sister had managed to get my size when she went a few days later and gave it to me for my birthday.
The time before that I bought a shirt and a few Tsum Tsums.
I've just found that the more I have gone the less I find that I absolutely must have and instead I spend my money on alcoholic beverages and sweet treats.
Not sure if its because I am now in my early 30's and don't feel the need to buy souvenirs for my inner child or if I've just been enough times that the souvenirs start to be the same old same old.
Has anyone else just stopped buying as many souvenirs after x amount of trips to WDW?

We actually bought a ton of souvenirs this trip. We hadn't been since October 2015, and they seemed to have a lot of different merchandise, especially clothing. I usually buy a lot for my kids, but this trip I treated myself to several new items.

After multiple trips the craziness died down with us.. Even the resort mugs. We left ours this time... We have a whole self in the basement already. Also I think a big part is that the kids are older now. when they were under 10 we went more toy crazy. Also mugs.. first 2 years we got a lot of mugs...

the only thing we still buy are pins ( any special cool ones for rides or parks). and the mickey ear ornaments. we have a disney tree and look out for these. We also first stop at the outlet store and stock up their first and then look in parks..

t shirsts we never did until this year when we discovered Uniglo in DS... that places rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter