After getting RotR BG, rope drop MFSR or head to Toy Story Land?

redsox786

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are planning on visiting HS next Friday (2/14) but I'm wondering what the best play is after getting your RotR boarding group--rush to Galaxy's Edge and get in line for MFSR or should we head to Toy Story Land and get in line for SDD/TSM? My first FastPass isn't until 11:55AM for Tower of Terror, so we don't have any FastPasses scheduled for Toy Story Land. And from my understanding, MFSR shouldn't be as busy later in the day? I do have Savi's booked at 5:45PM so I'll be back in that area anyway. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

If Toy Story is a priority then yes I would go there first. Be aware though lots of other people will be doing the same. Get to the park early and to the closest point to TSL that they allow to get the best advantage.

We really don't have a preference for whether we go to MFSR or Toy Story Land first. Figured we'd go to whatever has a shorter wait or less crowd. Do you think TSL will be less busy than Galaxy's Edge right at rope drop?

from what i have been reading SDD should probably be your priority at rope drop if you want to ride both and will be in the park in the evening. MFSR seems to be easier to get on in the evening. I am interested to see how FP for MFSR will change that however.

from what i have been reading SDD should probably be your priority at rope drop if you want to ride both and will be in the park in the evening. MFSR seems to be easier to get on in the evening. I am interested to see how FP for MFSR will change that however.

That's what I'm thinking as well. From what I've been reading, it sounds like MFSR is less busier later in the day.

But expect
We just got back and I'd say go to SDD first. The whole time we were there, the shortest we saw the line was 120 mins. As for MFSR we were able to wait in a 35 - 40 min line with no issues.
but expect the standby line for MFSR to increase once it’s FP line goes into effect later this month.

Only thing is, if you get an early BG, you may feel the urge to bail on the SDD line in order to meet the one-hour return window. That's what happened to us. We were in line for SDD, got to the first CM and we had about 35 mins to get over to SWGE. We asked her what we should do and she said the wait from that point could be 30-45 mins and that to be safe, we'd better head out. I doubted whether the wait from there would be that long, but we weren't going to take chances with RotR after all the work to get a good BG.

So if I'm rope dropping MFSR and trying to get a boarding pass for RotR, what time should I be at the park and where should I be standing to get the boarding group? I know it's a lottery system so I won't have an idea what group i'm in, but I did hear from people that if you don't stand around people than you can get a boarding group faster, so is there a place to stand to attempt to be quick getting a boarding group AND be in good position to rope drop MFSR? Any help or other tips will be greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter