After F! Which direction should we go?

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
We've booked the F! dining package for Friday the 20th April. We'll be seeing the first show, stay in place for the fireworks and then stay in the Park until close.

In which direction should we head immediately after the fireworks or will we be herded in a specific direction and if so, which way? I would like to collect FPs for after the show(s) but I want to make sure it will be physically possible to navigate with/against the tide of humanity.

Thanks friends! :yoda:

Personally, we shelter in place near the closest building/wall/railing and wait for it to clear. We have kids and the crushing pushing crowds terrify me as far as losing a kid - in the dark!

Personally, we shelter in place near the closest building/wall/railing and wait for it to clear. We have kids and the crushing pushing crowds terrify me as far as losing a kid - in the dark!
I don't blame you at all! I find the parked a little more disorientating at night especially when they rope off certain areas

We've booked the F! dining package for Friday the 20th April. We'll be seeing the first show, stay in place for the fireworks and then stay in the Park until close.

In which direction should we head immediately after the fireworks or will we be herded in a specific direction and if so, which way? I would like to collect FPs for after the show(s) but I want to make sure it will be physically possible to navigate with/against the tide of humanity.

Thanks friends! :yoda:
It is a great time to head towards Haunted Mansion IMO. When it is warm out, Splash Mtn. Both opposite the direction of everyone else.

:wizard:

It doesn't matter which direction you go, you can go anywhere you'd like to after Fantasmic is over. We typically stay put in the Adventureland/New Orleans/Critter Country area for an hour or so after the major shows (parades, fireworks, Fantasmic) are over and let people clear the park and then head to different lands like Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. It seems that after all the major night time shows are over 3/4 of the people leave the park but I don't go in their direction. Id rather go on a few rides and stay away from the 45 minutes of mass crowds of people shuffling in almost single file out of the park.

Personally, the only thing I would probably opt not to do right after F! and fireworks is Big Thunder. Getting into Frontierland can be kind of a pain because they may be using one way traffic control from the hub (Frontierland is the way into the ROA area and Adventureland is the way out). Other than that, I think you can go pretty anywhere you wanted without to much trouble (especially if you wait a few minutes and let the crowds thin a little). If you wanted to go somewhere immediately afterwards, I'd probably aim for Haunted Mansion or Critter Country. Otherwise, if you're willing to wait 5 minutes or so, then I'd head where you wanted.

HM is great if you are near it. We are typically farther down so we stay in the tide of the crowd briefly until we get to POTC. The line is usually short and by the time we are done with the ride the crowd is gone.

Loving this question and the awesome answers - could I ask about a variation?

We’ll want to get back to the DLH after F! as quickly as possible with a 4 year old in a stroller - would we be better to head for the gate, or the monorail?

...We’ll want to get back to the DLH after F! as quickly as possible with a 4 year old in a stroller - would we be better to head for the gate, or the monorail?

If fireworks are showing, I don't think the monorail will be running right after the first F! show. So you'd have to head for the gate. If the western exit route (the CM alley to the right of Refreshment Corner and the entrance to the shops) is open, take it. It is much faster than going down Main Street and will exit you right by the firehouse in Town Square.

If fireworks are showing, I don't think the monorail will be running right after the first F! show. So you'd have to head for the gate. If the western exit route (the CM alley to the right of Refreshment Corner and the entrance to the shops) is open, take it. It is much faster than going down Main Street and will exit you right by the firehouse in Town Square.

Might be best to shelter in place until after the fireworks, then we’ll aim for the western exit. Thanks for the advice!

We exited through Adventureland, which was definitely the wrong thing to do. Any other direction would probably be better.

Would the Disney Railroad be a viable option after watching F! & fireworks?

Looks like a short walk from ROA, and it would take us around to the monorail station in Tomorrowland. Or does it get packed post-fireworks?

Would the Disney Railroad be a viable option after watching F! & fireworks?

It is an option, but you have to wait awhile for it. The train does not run during fireworks. After fireworks end, CMs walk the train track to ensure there are no embers back there around the Small World portion of the track. All of that takes time. I've found that by the time the train is running again, the walkway crowds have long since dissipated and so it is just more efficient to wait a bit in a nearby shop or ride, then walk to where we want to go.

Looks as though we'll try to head over to HM after the show, I'd like to try to head over to the Fantasyland area once the crowds subside. There was some great advice in this thread, thank you!

ANY place will be extra busy right after. After watching the fireworks we had a FP for Matterhorn and by the time we worked our way over there, the FP line was waaaay backed up. Everyone taken out of the lines for Fantasmic/fireworksis then dumped back into the system with any active FPs.

I'd stay in the area and get into a line wherever is closest -- Pirates, HM, Splash.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter