After Disney at-home wedding receptions

LittleKittyMarie

DIS Veteran
DF and I are trying to set a date for our at-home reception.

For those Disney who did have at-home receptions or are planning them, I was wondering how long after your wedding in Disney did you schedule your event?

Also, was having photos and/or video from your Disney wedding an important part in that decision?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :goodvibes

Ours was scheduled about a month after the wedding. I really wanted our professional photos to be available for family to see...sort of re-create the experience through the pictures. So we waited until we had a sneak peak of about 30 photos. I was so glad we did! We played them as a slide show on our television and played Disney music in the background :) Everyone told us they really enjoyed seeing them and were glad we had them to show off!

We planned our at-home reception for 3 months after the wedding so that our photos and video would be ready. Actually, our photos were ready about a week and a half after the wedding, but our video took longer.

We made two softcover photo books to pass around at the at-home reception and then gave them to the grandmas afterward. We also had our wedding video playing in the background and a slideshow of photos. Many people watched the video, few people sat at the computer to watch the slideshow, but everyone looked at the books! :thumbsup2

We're choosing to have our at-home reception about 5 months after our wedding. We have a lot of family and friends that are coming from out of town, so we decided to wait until the first big 3 day weekend so that everyone has time to relax and have fun while they're here. Plus, money is really tight, so budgeting was also a big factor.

I'm also going to be putting together a slideshow of our pictures so we can play that at the reception, along with our wedding video of the ceremony. We are only having 10 people total (including us and the kids) at the wedding, so we wanted the other 150 that couldn't make it to be able to enjoy our special day even though they weren't there.

I'm not really at the planning stages for this yet, but I plan to do ours about 1-2 months after the wedding... It would be nice to have the Magic Kingdom photos by then, but I doubt we will. How long do they usually take?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter