after christmas surfing and disneyland- help please

pesto78749

Mouseketeer
Hi,
My new college student son is coming home for christmas break and wants to go surfing in CA, having never been surfing in CA, only Hawaii here are my questions:

I know we are talking full wet suit here.

What about Huntington Beach? If not can you suggest another option?

From Austin is it cheeper to fly into John Wayne, SF, or LAX. I can see the prices now, I'm talking historically.

We want a place to stay that he can surf and the rest of the fam: me dh and ds 14, can hang out. Huntington Beach hilton or vrbo?

Looking at dec 27-Jan 1 or 2. Budget: 2 to 3 thousand. would like to do disney for a day.
Thanks for the tips!:wave2:

I would do either Huntington or Newport and I like the Hyatt Regency better than the Hilton, but they are both nice. You can hang out at the hotel or walk around downtown staying at either of those. Flying into LAX may be cheaper, but John Wayne is way more convenient. I grew up in Huntington and there has to be a significant price difference for me to not fly into John Wayne. Huntington is also a quick half hour trip to DLR.

thanks so much! Its great to have someone who has been there. John Wayne is really expensive for our dates!!

thanks so much! Its great to have someone who has been there. John Wayne is really expensive for our dates!!

Welcome! If it's really expensive I would do LAX, or check Ontario. We flew into Ontario during Labor Day weekend and it was easy and is only about 30 min to DLR, an hour to HB.

by some miracle SWA had a price drop yesterday so we are flying into SNA! Yippee! AND we booked the hyatt regency! christmas...check!

Hyatt is a good choice-stayed there last summer with kids, this time me & DH are going alone before our Disney time! I'm looking forward to it! Have massages booked, planning on checking out the beach, & just enjoying the resort... have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter