• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aft Verandah Cabins

That's a 7A, not a 5E.

Yup, I know that. Question was about AFT verandas. And a specific room mentioned 8188 was just about above us. You could actually feel the vibration all the way up in Palo! Couldn't give me one of those afts on the Fantasy!

We had room 8188 on the Dream in September. We felt way more vibration in that room than we have ever felt on the ship. I loved the verandah, but I will never stay in one of the aft rooms again.

Is it just verandas or the inside rooms aft as well on the Fantasy?

Currently booked in a verandah aft Cabin on Deck 8. There are aft cabins available on Deck 6 on the back of the ship with extended verandahs. Is the extended verandah worth it? Should we switch???

Just DH and I on a 4 night Dream Cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary. (He doesn't know yet, it's a surprise!!)

I love love love the extended verandahs! So IMO, yes, 100% worth it.

We were in 5688 on the Fantasy. Not an extended veranda (in fact, it was a tiny one!) but worse was the horrible vibration. Never again.

Had 5688 but on Disney Dream. No vibration. And excellent Sorcerer Mickey view. :)

We just got back from our cruise on the Fantasy in cabin 8188 (direct aft and the oversized verandah). We loved it. Honestly we did not feel the vibration like most people have talked about EXCEPT when we were getting from St Thomas to Castaway Cay when they really had to get the ship really moving. Otherwise, it was just like any other vibration we felt in other locations of the the ship (we stayed mid ship before on deck 6)

Question: does deck level affect the vibration? The 2020 Fantasy cruise I'm looking at has 5E cabins open on either deck 10 or deck 7. The one on deck 7 is more central on the aft than the one on 10, but I'm wondering if the vibrations are worse closer to the water.

Question: does deck level affect the vibration? The 2020 Fantasy cruise I'm looking at has 5E cabins open on either deck 10 or deck 7. The one on deck 7 is more central on the aft than the one on 10, but I'm wondering if the vibrations are worse closer to the water.
I would go with the deck 7, simply because it isn't directly under the pool deck. Deck 10 is directly under the pool deck.

Does the Wonder and Magic have extended verandah rooms, or are they only on the Fantasy and Dream?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter