• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aft Verandah Cabins

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
Currently booked in a verandah aft Cabin on Deck 8. There are aft cabins available on Deck 6 on the back of the ship with extended verandahs. Is the extended verandah worth it? Should we switch???

Just DH and I on a 4 night Dream Cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary. (He doesn't know yet, it's a surprise!!)

I personally love the extended verandahs in the aft and would always choose that. Is it worth it? That depends on how much extra it costs and if you want to pay that cost. Only you can decide that.

We had an extended aft veranda on the Dream and enjoyed it very much! Loved the chaise lounge.

We had one unexpectedly and absolutely loved it. The view was amazing and the extra space and lounge chairs were great when I just needed a break from the craziness.

Currently booked in a verandah aft Cabin on Deck 8. There are aft cabins available on Deck 6 on the back of the ship with extended verandahs. Is the extended verandah worth it? Should we switch???

Just DH and I on a 4 night Dream Cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary. (He doesn't know yet, it's a surprise!!)

I love Deck 6 aft, but do be aware that the ship's flag will be out when you are in port. If it's a breezy day, the flag can be a little noisy.

We have been in 6690 on the Fantasy and LOVED it. The extra room on the veranda was amazing and gave us room for both regular chairs AND loungers. The noise of the flag never bothered us and the views when entering or leaving port were totally worth it.

I personally love the extended verandahs in the aft and would always choose that. Is it worth it? That depends on how much extra it costs and if you want to pay that cost. Only you can decide that.

The difference is only $8.00, so price isn't make or break for a change!

He doesn't know that it's your 25th anniversary? Yikes! JUST KIDDING!!!!
The extra space on the verandah is very nice indeed without having to pay for a 4e or concierge. We enjoy our verandahs very much. Just be aware that you'll have a long walk to the adult pool areas at the front of the ship. but its great to pop down for the late night buffet!

Ok - Just switched to Stateroom 6192 on the Dream and the Disney Rep said this stateroom has a whitewall verandah? Is this true? Is this bad? LOL

Ok - Just switched to Stateroom 6192 on the Dream and the Disney Rep said this stateroom has a whitewall verandah? Is this true? Is this bad? LOL
White wall verandahs on the Magic and Wonder are so high that you can't see out from seated in the chairs. On the Dream and Fantasy it is less of an issue. The white wall is still quite wall and then you have the metal bars. A bit more distracting that the plexiglass, but not a deal breaker. You can see a picture from scotts blog HERE.

Im excited we have 8188 on the Fantasy in 10 days! I like to use our verandah daily on cruises so this will be even nicer as I will have a lounger out there too along with chairs.

We were in 5688 on the Fantasy. Not an extended veranda (in fact, it was a tiny one!) but worse was the horrible vibration. Never again.

We were in 5688 on the Fantasy. Not an extended veranda (in fact, it was a tiny one!) but worse was the horrible vibration. Never again.
Ah yes, deck 5, those aren't 5e rooms, but the corner rooms there have a comically small verandah. It seems that the Fantasy, despite their efforts at the last dry dock will be doomed for all time to have a bit more vibration than the Dream. A shame since the Fantasy has to full speed it more often as a result of the long hauls she has to routinely make.

Ah yes, deck 5, those aren't 5e rooms, but the corner rooms there have a comically small verandah. It seems that the Fantasy, despite their efforts at the last dry dock will be doomed for all time to have a bit more vibration than the Dream. A shame since the Fantasy has to full speed it more often as a result of the long hauls she has to routinely make.
Dream has never had to speed up, so for all we know, it may have the same problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter