• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Affordable TS for party of 7

Derek Demsher

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!! We are traveling to WDW in may and I wanna start collecting a couple restaurant options for everyone to consider.

When we've traveled before it was always just my husband and I, so we could eat at the more expensive restaurants and not worry about it too much.
For this next trip though, there will be 4 adults and 3 kids (13, 11, and 9), so we want to enjoy a few table service meal, but don't want to scare everyone with the price.
My brother in law seems to think that all the restaurants in Disney world are gonna be way too expensive, so I want to find a few good ones that won't break the bank.
Location doesn't necessarily matter as we will be going to all 4 parks and Disney springs, and I happen to love going to different hotels for meals as well.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!!

I think this is going to be really subjective for the various tastes in your group. I live for a good bargain so there are some creative ways to do this. If the group enjoys pizza you could go to Via Napoli order the largest pizza with one topping. Sure it's around a $60 hit but that is vs $20 per person per entree or more. Steak House 71 is pretty reasonable depending on the entrees chosen. For AYCTE the most reasonably priced seem to be Beirgarten, Sebastian's, or Crystal Palace. Of course all of this could change as Disney seems to be responding to the global inflation but hopefully this can give some starting ideas.

Best bet is go on the WDW website and menus/prices ... see what looks good & reasonable.

When it's just two of us we will often share an entree but add an appetizer.

Ice water is free, so we avoid the drinks unless they are included.

If there are several of us we often fill the table with appetizers, no entree. Very enjoyable and less expensive.

Liberty Tree Tavern have a all you can eat menu for $39 bucks. Its sound expensive but it include salads, entrée,, dessert and drinks. Not sure if it will be worthy for the 11 and 13 year olds though.

Crystal Palace atm is a buffet for $39 as well but it is soon changing to character meal so its price will be spiked to over $50.

Trails End its another all you can eat and now it is for $30 but its a boat trip away from Magic Kingdom.

Places like Sci Fi in DHS and The Plaza in MK you will be able to eat for like $30 or less per person but you will end up with Burgers or Sandwishes.

Space 220 you can try and get into the lounge. They have some $20 appetizers that may be good as 1 meal and you can have the experience. But finding tables for 7 will be really hard and probably not everyone will like the food as it is only like 6 items.

I second Trails End at Ft Wilderness. A lot of it is the same food they serve at the Hoop de Doo (down home country cooking) We also like Yak and Yeti a lot but feel it’s a little pricy. Sadly most TS is pretty expensive by my standards.

Resorts:
Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge is a TS / QS hybrid with excellent food and reasonable prices (for Disney). And you cannot beat the view.
Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club isn't fancy, but the food is pretty good and the prices are lower for a TS restaurant.

AK:
I second the above recommendations for Yak and Yeti. Last year we ate there as well as Tiffins and enjoyed the Yak and Yeti meal just as much for half the price - and had better service.

EP:
Again, I'll agree with the above posters not to sleep on Via Napoli. Yes, reading the menu you'll think the prices are crazy, but those pizzas are enormous!! They will feed a lot of people. I will also throw in Spice Road Table. It's tapas style so you can just order several small plates to share. A nice bonus is they don't take ADR's. Just walk up.

MK:
Honestly the only TS restaurant we like in MK is Skipper Canteen. Fortunately it's not that expensive for Mickey $$$.

HS:
The only TS restaurant we'd go back a second time to there is Hollywood Brown Derby, but it's crazy expensive. But by the time you are there the new BBQ restaurant in Toy Story Land should be open. Most BBQ restaurants are on the less expensive side, so here's hoping this one will be as well.

Resorts:
Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge is a TS / QS hybrid with excellent food and reasonable prices (for Disney). And you cannot beat the view.
Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club isn't fancy, but the food is pretty good and the prices are lower for a TS restaurant.

AK:
I second the above recommendations for Yak and Yeti. Last year we ate there as well as Tiffins and enjoyed the Yak and Yeti meal just as much for half the price - and had better service.

EP:
Again, I'll agree with the above posters not to sleep on Via Napoli. Yes, reading the menu you'll think the prices are crazy, but those pizzas are enormous!! They will feed a lot of people. I will also throw in Spice Road Table. It's tapas style so you can just order several small plates to share. A nice bonus is they don't take ADR's. Just walk up.

MK:
Honestly the only TS restaurant we like in MK is Skipper Canteen. Fortunately it's not that expensive for Mickey $$$.

HS:
The only TS restaurant we'd go back a second time to there is Hollywood Brown Derby, but it's crazy expensive. But by the time you are there the new BBQ restaurant in Toy Story Land should be open. Most BBQ restaurants are on the less expensive side, so here's hoping this one will be as well.

Yeah I haven't really found any table service places in MK that thrill me. Plaza isn't super expensive, but that's pretty much it. That one might be QS only day haha.
Im dying to try Via Napoli, might need to make that one a priority.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your recommendations.

I second Trails End at Ft Wilderness. A lot of it is the same food they serve at the Hoop de Doo (down home country cooking) We also like Yak and Yeti a lot but feel it’s a little pricy. Sadly most TS is pretty expensive by my standards.
I have heard great things about trails end. I am a big fan of Hoop Dee Doo so we might need to make the trek over for that one.
Is trails end a buffet or a "family style" meal?

If your BIL is worried about price then ask what his budget is or where he wants to eat. If they’re on a tighter budget than you then you may need to eat separately. My husband and I don’t usually think twice about how much we spend eating at Disney but this last trip had me changing my tune. I don’t want to pay $300-$400 / meals twice a day! Prices are insane at Disney restaurants right now and that’s how much it was costing our family of five on average to have a table service meal. I will say we only paid $90 at the Plaza for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised. Next time we will probably stick with mostly QS, which will be a huge change for us.

1st, you actually are a party of 6 adults and 1 child, based on Disney ages, not 4 adults and 3 kids, so affordable gets even harder.

Any pre fixe, buffet, AYCTE, or non-Disney location will make you pay adult prices at all TS. And even the Disney owned ones will be iffy on if they let your older children order kids meal and what they make you pay for them.

If you want an affordable option, I'd suggest going offsite.

If that's not an option, I'd suggest eating family style at a couple of regular TS.

And if that's not an option, I'd suggest the ramen at Morimoto's in Disney Springs. Everyone will be full and happy if they get their own ramen bowl and then you buy one veg entree for the table that you can have folks add to the ramen (since I think they are veg lite - but that's good for the money). And it's a really nice place to be, and it can feel like a splurge night without the bill being a splurge bill (you can come in just around $200 with tax and tip for 7 with this strategy)...

Hi Everyone!! We are traveling to WDW in may and I wanna start collecting a couple restaurant options for everyone to consider.

When we've traveled before it was always just my husband and I, so we could eat at the more expensive restaurants and not worry about it too much.
For this next trip though, there will be 4 adults and 3 kids (13, 11, and 9), so we want to enjoy a few table service meal, but don't want to scare everyone with the price.
My brother in law seems to think that all the restaurants in Disney world are gonna be way too expensive, so I want to find a few good ones that won't break the bank.
Location doesn't necessarily matter as we will be going to all 4 parks and Disney springs, and I happen to love going to different hotels for meals as well.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!!
one thing to keep in mind the 13 and 11 will be considered adults at table serve places. prefix and all you can eat, buffets they will be adults even if they eat from kids menu items.

I think you have a lot of good suggestions here. Here are mine… Skipper Canteen, Sebastian’s, Yak and Yeti, Sanaa, and Ale & Compass breakfast. I will also throw out Satuli Canteen. While it is not TS the food is great and there is a lot of seating. You all can easily mobile order and sit together.

For your MK day, take the boat over the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian for a meal. The Grand Floridian Cafe is reasonably priced, as is Kona.

For HS, I only eat at the Hollywood Brown Derby, usually for lunch. The Cobb salad is reasonably priced, and a few other items aren't terribly expensive. It's a great escape and can be done for less than you might expect.

When it comes to the two "adult" children, they can usually order off the kids menu at a-la-carte places to save money. The restaurants in Mexico and Italy tend to be the exception. Avoid buffet and other fixed-price restaurants with them.

Any suggestions?
Thank you in advanced!!
My top picks in that scenario would be SciFi (HS), T-Rex(Disney Springs), and Rainforest Cafe (AK/Disney Springs) because they are priced the best and also offer a fun atmosphere for those ages. You might hear less than stellar reviews about the food but ours has always been good. You can check out the menus online to see what you think it would cost (or have your BIL take a look).

Some restaurants I haven't visited but think would be good options are Skipper's Canteen (MK), The Plaza Restaurant (MK), and 50s Prime Time (HS).

the 2 older kids will be adults at Trails End as it is all you can eat and from what I have read Via Napoli is one that will also charge the older kids as adults

We love Whispering Canyon and you can go for lunch for the skillet to be cheaper. You can also order some pretty great things à la carte. Disney visa give 10% off

Biergarten is super fun and one of the cheaper buffets. Disney visa works her too. Always ask. Not all places are listed. It worked at Storybook dining for us too.

Crèperie can be à la carte or prix fixe

50’s prime time is reasonable and different food than anywhere else.

Yak and yeti?

Grand Floridian café?

Kona Café

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter