Status
Not open for further replies.
They still need to test with people and as far as I’m aware no actual people have been on SDD yet. This land was originally supposed to open at the end of May but it’s a month behind.

Official announcement is what I'm going by. End of May, sure, but never announced. This is more the people who looked at the set of pics before this and said they wouldn't make end of June. And yeah, test with people, but you aren't really doing that with previews either. Safety and dialing in is done before any paying, suing customer gets on any coaster.

The previews for FOP were important. Dialing in solutions to people of various sizes was necessary. There is nothing like that in TSL. A few days of previews, mainly media, and you can open it. Whether they do or not is up to them. But they won't need to make most of June preview month, so there is plenty of time to finish and open at the announced date as you look at this most recent set of photos.

Official announcement is what I'm going by. End of May, sure, but never announced. This is more the people who looked at the set of pics before this and said they wouldn't make end of June. And yeah, test with people, but you aren't really doing that with previews either. Safety and dialing in is done before any paying, suing customer gets on any coaster.

The previews for FOP were important. Dialing in solutions to people of various sizes was necessary. There is nothing like that in TSL. A few days of previews, mainly media, and you can open it. Whether they do or not is up to them. But they won't need to make most of June preview month, so there is plenty of time to finish and open at the announced date as you look at this most recent set of photos.
Of course it was never announced. They’ll make June 30th but that doesn’t mean they aren’t behind and haven’t had issues.

Mass testing still needs to happen even if there is no new ride systems here. They could use just CMs but it needs to happen.

You don’t test with media. If something goes wrong while testing with media that’s not good at all. They then go back and write about how crappy their experience was.

Of course it was never announced. They’ll make June 30th but that doesn’t mean they aren’t behind and haven’t had issues.

Mass testing still needs to happen even if there is no new ride systems here. They could use just CMs but it needs to happen.

You don’t test with media. If something goes wrong while testing with media that’s not good at all. They then go back and write about how crappy their experience was.

I think we are saying mostly the same thing. I just don't expect extensive previews. Some, sure. But not like Avatar or that people have been hoping for.

The media days were at the beginning of the Avatar previews, starting late April, while DVC and AP previews came later in May. I think by the time any previews occur the rides are dialled in for safety and operation and they are more looking for small hiccups and efficiencies like the body size issues for FOP.

I think we are saying mostly the same thing. I just don't expect extensive previews. Some, sure. But not like Avatar or that people have been hoping for.

The media days were at the beginning of the Avatar previews, starting late April, while DVC and AP previews came later in May. I think by the time any previews occur the rides are dialled in for safety and operation and they are more looking for small hiccups and efficiencies like the body size issues for FOP.
There were very limited/exclusive media previews for Pandora before the AP previews of you want to call it that. Very select groups were allowed in The Dis being one of them. Disney was very particular in what could and couldn’t be said/filmed. The much large media previews with national media was after the AP previews.

Great observation and agreed. Going in two (2) weeks to see if soft openings are happening. Thanks!

Now I'm concerned about the June 30th opening, and by concerned, not really. It opens when it opens.

Really worried about how they're going to block off the Eiffel Tower sitting on top of the building from the gondolas. I hate that path they decided on.

New DHS parking lot entrance

6cf67966-0a9f-41ed-947c-bc0deab85871-jpeg.320605

I don't know why but I am having challenges mentally picturing how the entrance to the parking lot will not be .... in the above will you come down that road and across that bridge (and thus under the skyliner) or am I totally off (I am terrible with directions)

I don't know why but I am having challenges mentally picturing how the entrance to the parking lot will not be .... in the above will you come down that road and across that bridge (and thus under the skyliner) or am I totally off (I am terrible with directions)
The gravel road above the bridge is for servicing the Skyliner. You will come from the right side of that picture, under the Skyliner, and then across the bridge into the lot.

Now I'm concerned about the June 30th opening, and by concerned, not really. It opens when it opens.

Really worried about how they're going to block off the Eiffel Tower sitting on top of the building from the gondolas. I hate that path they decided on.

obviously anything can happen but the fact they are already issuing FP for the new Toy Story Lands, after the debacle of the opening of Rivers of Light, I have to think they feel pretty confident about June 30th opening. Agree the soft openings/testing phase could be really short and done in like piecemeal (e.g., people get to come in and go on one of the rides or something vs the entire land being open to them).

I get what you are saying about the Eiffel Tower, but there is still the entire Rat entrance/courtyard queue area to be build meaning a line of buildings will be in between so I think in the end it could be pretty well blocked given how low the gondolas themselves will be at that point given they hang down lower than the towers. Definitely wait and see and perhaps more trying to stay optimistic

The gravel road above the bridge is for servicing the Skyliner. You will come from the right side of that picture, under the Skyliner, and then across the bridge into the lot.

ok cool, think I got it now. Could be a cool image of traveling under the gondolas as you come in - similar (though not as iconic I would think) as seeing the monorails go by when you first are going to MK or EPCOT

It is made obvious by the skyliner station photos that there are two detachable loading points per skyliner station. A detachable ski lift/gondola when it comes into station, detaching from the haul rope and rides on a track at a slower rate, while people load. Once people load, it clamps back on the the haul rope and you are whisked away to your destination. I have never seen a system in practice with two detachable routes like this one. No idea if they will alternate loading tracks, or if one will be more "express" and one for slower to load scenarios like ECV's and strollers. That will be interesting to see in practice.

It is made obvious by the skyliner station photos that there are two detachable loading points per skyliner station. A detachable ski lift/gondola when it comes into station, detaching from the haul rope and rides on a track at a slower rate, while people load. Once people load, it clamps back on the the haul rope and you are whisked away to your destination. I have never seen a system in practice with two detachable routes like this one. No idea if they will alternate loading tracks, or if one will be more "express" and one for slower to load scenarios like ECV's and strollers. That will be interesting to see in practice.
It’s more than likely the latter.

We rode the one that they have at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and their system had the actual gondolas detaching fully and then were manually moved around a separate rail by the workers and could be held completely still while people got in and out. Now, the WDW system is going to be much larger and need to be a bit more efficient so not sure if that would work as well but perhaps that is what the second path is for, those that need to be able to be fully stopped for ECV, strollers, etc.

Based on the DHS section of the CBR station, these will definitely be three separate lines with deboarding and reboarding to get from CBR to all other points.

Anyone else think the new DHS bus loop seems a long way from the entrance? Guess I didn't realize the need to relocated it.

Anyone else think the new DHS bus loop seems a long way from the entrance? Guess I didn't realize the need to relocated it.
With the influx of guests coming to the park it needed to be expanded and reconfigured. This will be similar to the MK bus loop.

Its right next to the current smaller bus loop. I wouldn't call it relocating more than its being expanded. I don't see how they could put it any closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter