• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious if guest of the new Star Wars Hotel will have direct access to SW:GE without going outside. I think if it's going to be a truly immersive resort they would have some kind of "Ship" to take you to the SW:GE to keep the experience going.

I'm not sure why, but when I see the photos of the in-progress Millennium Falcon, I want to rotate it clock-wise a bit.

And only about 200 or so to go ;)

Noticed on close inspection on one of your photos are the gondola numbers. Highest # is 317 - so that would indicate at minimum there will be 317 gondolas. (Note it well may be that only 250 are on line at any one time.)

Noticed on close inspection on one of your photos are the gondola numbers. Highest # is 317 - so that would indicate at minimum there will be 317 gondolas. (Note it well may be that only 250 are on line at any one time.)
It could also mean they aren't starting at 001, could be 100 as the first. You want to skip lucky number 013 don't you?

Have they reopened the walkway along the water closer to the park exit? When we were there last month, people wanting to walk towards Epcot had to walk along the bus lines and then get to the walkway from there. It appears they may have opened something closer to the park exit?

Suppose it's possible - but I've always seen them use from 1 on chair lifts and gondolas.
Regardless its going to be kind of tough thing for the lifties. These numbers will get jumbled and out of order on the line, when you have the dual bullwheel station load. It will make it a challenge to communicate where on the line problems might be. Since we have multiple colors, I can seem them using the first number to designate color or cabin type(if there are special cabins).
I could also see 100-199 reserved for line 1, 200-299 reserved for line 2 and 300-399 reserved for line 3. It will be interesting to see in action.

Regardless its going to be kind of tough thing for the lifties. These numbers will get jumbled and out of order on the line, when you have the dual bullwheel station load. It will make it a challenge to communicate where on the line problems might be. Since we have multiple colors, I can seem them using the first number to designate color or cabin type(if there are special cabins).
I could also see 100-199 reserved for line 1, 200-299 reserved for line 2 and 300-399 reserved for line 3. It will be interesting to see in action.

Most detachable lifts get pretty jumbled, and ultimately it really doesn’t matter. Chairs are marked with an object like a cone or flag when they are last chair or need attention. Most of the time it doesn’t matter what number is where. But separating the lines with numbers could certainly be a possibility. And if they go that route they might be skipping numbers to keep that up, so maybe there are Gondolas numbered up to 350, but there aren’t any 80-100 or so.

Most detachable lifts get pretty jumbled, and ultimately it really doesn’t matter. Chairs are marked with an object like a cone or flag when they are last chair or need attention. Most of the time it doesn’t matter what number is where. But separating the lines with numbers could certainly be a possibility. And if they go that route they might be skipping numbers to keep that up, so maybe there are Gondolas numbered up to 350, but there aren’t any 80-100 or so.
In my experience, the numbers don't get jumbled in traditional detachables. They detach and re-attach in the same order. Only way they can get jumbled is if they are taken off the line in that situation.

In my experience, the numbers don't get jumbled in traditional detachables. They detach and re-attach in the same order. Only way they can get jumbled is if they are taken off the line in that situation.
Well I meant more with ones that come off the line, not just detach for loading/unloading. Many detachable chairs are never actually pulled off the line beyond that. So I should have been more specific, since what I wrote isn’t what I meant. This system with the dual bull wheels will wind up out of order unless the second bullwheel cabins are labeled differently.

Well I meant more with ones that come off the line, not just detach for loading/unloading. Many detachable chairs are never actually pulled off the line beyond that. So I should have been more specific, since what I wrote isn’t what I meant. This system with the dual bull wheels will wind up out of order unless the second bullwheel cabins are labeled differently.
I figured that is where you were at with the comment, and it was picking knits on my side ;). Most of the keeping chairs in order thing has a lot more to do with installations where the chairs/cabins go up hill(in a cold climate). Disney doesn't really have that issue. Basically you are looking to see that the chairs are clamping down properly and not sliding or drifting on the haul rope. You'll often see a white line on the haul rope that is used to reference where the chair is. Sometime in the ski area installations, ice is real problem, preventing the chair arms from clamping down effectively.

I could see Gongola #13 assigned to the haunted mansion themed one or tower of terror - if it’s themed that way....we were at HS last week and the wait time was 13 minutes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter