Advise picking parks to visit

We just got back from a trip with a just turned 2yo, 7 yo and my older kids who have been multiple times. For us we were focused on the little guy because this would be the first trip he would understand more.

While we had a fabulous trip, I would say don't focus on any one child because what kept happeneing was that by the time I made it to something for him he was asleep, etc.

I started realizing I had to do early things for him and then while he napped in the stroller I could put us on the bigger rides.

Rider swap took way more time than I had anticipated. In the past we had Grammy, but she didn't join us on the trip.

Also, while for my older kids I would agree with everyone that AK is good for just a single day, we didn't take our time and see all the animals. A little one could spend 20 minutes just watching monkeys while you relax and eat mickey bars!

If I had more time I would definitely give AK 2 days like this, because it will be a very relaxing park for all of you that way.

DAY 1 breakfast at Rainforest Cafe (my LO loooved eating here, it was not planned but was the perfect start to our day) or Tusker not cheap but of all the character meals this has better food than the rest and the characters are cute in safari outfits, do the safari ride, see animals, take some time to eatch the street performers, little ones get up amd dance and move around, shows watch Lion King and grab lunch.

Day 2 do whichever breakfast you didnt get the first day, navi river, FOP if you want (rider swap took almost 1 hr for this because the preview shows alone are almost 15 minutes, ride almost 5, so our second half didnt go on despite paying for ILLs because we had a dinner ressie and weve done it tons of times - this is a sacrilege for many on this board), animal attractions, its tough to be a bug (1.5 yo might not wear 3d glasses and keep them on), petting zoo and DEFINITELTY do the Nemo show, play a carnival ride game, ride Dinosaur and Triceratops and then maybe grab lunch at Yak and Yeti before you leave. My kids love the duck but all their food is good even if you dont have adventurous eaters.

They also love the carnival games. There is one ball throwing game with wiffle balls that my lo could do. They are expensive but soon to be extinct and we love them.

Glad to answer any specific questions on other parks. My 2yo was 2y and 4 days on this trip.
Thanks!! this is super helpful!

We actually ended up with 2 AK days, 3 MK days, 1 EPCOT and 1 HS
All three of my kids are big animal lovers :)

You'll have a wonderful time. After writing my post to you it occurred to me that I don't know why I don't take more time there, but I think we get caught up in doing the "rides" and in the end the kids would probably enjoy having a more relaxed day there! I'm going to try to take my own advice again on our next trip!

Oh, there is also a behind the scenes tour. We did it for the Elephants. I haven't checked if it is still there, but it wasn't bad and they bring you behind the scenes and the kids learn all about Elephants, how they manage them in society, etc. Really cool. They all really enjoyed that despite my kids raising their hands and answering questions I didn't even know the answers too.....

Our just turned 3 year old (has sensory issues) loved riding the pony (height and weight measured) at Fort Wilderness. We were so surprised as she followed directions, swung her leg around the saddle and got on like a pro (so shocked we forgot to record her getting on). We also did the sleigh (carriage) ride on a different day. Teen and I did horse back riding (you get weighed) once as well. Transportation is confusing and you have to take an internal bus after being dropped off by an Uber or the park bus (MK bus driver was kind and took us to the stop). They did allow 2 adults, a teen and 2 kids in one sleigh

There is also Upclose with Rhinos which opens at midnight with enchanting extras like dessert parties

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter