Advice please

aj2703

Addicted To Disney
Hi.

Was wondering what you guys thought on this.

Partner works for the NHS. Through the NHS discounts website she can get upto 50% off and kids under 12 stay free, at a cost of £475, Which includes the Half Board option.

If you compare this to a direct booking through the disney site you get the kids under 12 option and the free meals which includes lunch aswell as breakfast and dinner but at a cost of £570.

Which do you think it the best option...?. I mean we could always lunch at Mc'donalds which would probably work out cheaper but am in two minds which one to go for.

*EDIT* Forgot to say this is for 2 x adults & 1 x child staying at Sequoia Lodge

How many nights? Counter service meals, the most expensive options should cost you approx 36 euros per day for 2 adults 1 child.

If that's the case I'd go for the free meals, personally. At least you get a different restaurant each day and probably closer to where ever you happen to be. I'm not much of McD's fan though to be fair. I don't know if you are aware of quidco but you could get £30 ish cashback booking direct.

Do the half-board vouchers have more restrictions on what restaurants you can eat at than the free-dining vouchers?

Not sure if you have checked with Disney direct, but be aware that they only have a set number of rooms and dates available for NHS discount. We went last year just before Xmas and looked at going back this year, but there was no availability on the NHS discount scheme when we spoke to the disney booking line.

Hi.

When going through the nhs direct site it gives you a direct booking link to disney, from what i could make out there were no restrictions when i was checking

Personally i would go for the saving, having eaten in 95% of the top restuarants in the park, mcdonalds was a lot nicer than half of them :lmao:

I have to admit i am leaning that way. Last time we went we had lunch in the Buzz Lightyear resturant. It came to nearly £40 but the standard of the food was utter rubbish. In the end we ate in Mc'donalds for lunch for the remaining days at a price of around £15 and the kids were happy. I suppose it's pot luck really.

I have to admit i am leaning that way. Last time we went we had lunch in the Buzz Lightyear resturant. It came to nearly £40 but the standard of the food was utter rubbish. In the end we ate in Mc'donalds for lunch for the remaining days at a price of around £15 and the kids were happy. I suppose it's pot luck really.

We when went a few weeks ago, i pre-paid the auberge (food isnt my taste but dd loves princesses) and we went Cafe Mickey...the food was ok but we had such a nicer meal at mcdonalds :lmao:

Also had a CS meal at Hyperion and it was disgusting, burgers like rock and chips were cold and took over 25 mins to get food and there wasnt even a queue.

Hi.

When going through the nhs direct site it gives you a direct booking link to disney, from what i could make out there were no restrictions when i was checking

That's what it appeared to me until I phoned them and was told a whole different story!

That's what it appeared to me until I phoned them and was told a whole different story!

Hi maybe it has something to do with the actual date you booked then. I am on the nhs discounts site now and have clicked on the disney link. It takes you to there site, to the 50% off page and you can go through the whole booking process and input your card details.

Hi maybe it has something to do with the actual date you booked then. I am on the nhs discounts site now and have clicked on the disney link. It takes you to there site, to the 50% off page and you can go through the whole booking process and input your card details.

When I booked earlier this year, the hotels on the offer varied to the dates. I tried different dates & got different hotel choices. I do like it that you can now book online rather then phoning:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter