Advice, please! Entering MK during fireworks crowds...

3gr8boys

DIS Veteran
We will be in MK Sunday April 3 and have Steakhouse 71 dinner ADR at 7:20. Some (or all) of us will want to go back to the park, which is open until 11:00. We will be entering the park with crowds positioned for fireworks viewing or during the mass exodus that follows the show. Any advice from more experienced dis-ers??? I have no idea if any paths are kept open for incoming traffic. I realize that the stores (on both sides?) along Main Street are connected and create an indoor pathway... but I would expect the shops to be crowded post fireworks, yes?

FWIW we were really hoping for an earlier (preferably 5:00) S71 ADR and I will keep trying for one. But I need to be armed with some knowledge and a plan just in case 7:20 is it.

When crowds are great enough, there's a "backstage" passageway that can be opened for guest traffic between Tony's and the Confectionery. It was sometimes used to get people past Main Street to Tomorrowland during the Christmas party when Main Street was crowded with people waiting for the nighttime parades to begin.

Even if that isn't used, CMs are typically vigilant about keeping a path clear along the shopfronts on Main Street as well as keeping open crossing points at the Castle end of Main Street.

No worries about getting through as you need. The only concern is you may not be allowed near or past the Castle if fireworks are about to start. There's a fairly wide safety zone that's pretty strictly maintained in case of falling debris.

I would really try to get into MK before the fireworks end. If that isn't possible, I would aim for, at least, 30 minutes after they end. If you try to enter right after they end or anytime shortly after, it will be a mad crush trying to swim upstream on Main St.

The back pathway (referenced above) is open during fireworks. They have spillover fireworks viewing there but most of the path is open. Stay to the right as you enter and you'll have an open path to Tomorrowland.

As others have mentioned, the sidewalks are kept open. Be sure to be in the park while fireworks are going on and you should be able to walk up the sidewalk. Once fireworks are over, getting into the park is very difficult. You best option is to get into the park before fireworks start. Ride lines will already be shorter as the large part of the crowd will have their viewing spot already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter