Advice on spending money.

hullfc

Earning My Ears
Need to get £1000 in euros for holiday but cant decide whats best.
Where is the best for rate in england or take some english money over and change it there?
Also was tempted in putting £600 onto one of them cards, do dlp use these ok was thinking 600 on card and 300 in money to buy from little shops etc that has no chip and pin?
Also do you get charged on your card for transactions or does it just deduct of the balance everytime you spend on it.
thanks Andy

You would be better exchanging in the UK as chances are you won't get a good rate over in France

I usually use a comparison website (e.g. money saving expert) to find out where I can get the best exchange rate. Also, places such as Halifax and ICE often give a much better exchange rate if you reserve money in advance or if you have a printed voucher from their website. The worst rate is usually at airports/etc (unless you have reserved money in advance or have a voucher).

You'll have to check with your bank about card charges - some banks and cards have no charge (besides the exchange rate), while other banks and cards charge (around £1-2 per transaction for my card unfortunately)! So for me my bank card is for emergency use only...

A prepay card is excellent. Put over 500 onto the post office one and you'll get a good rate. You dont get charged for the transactions apart from cash withdrawal from an atm, and its accepted all over Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter