Advice on how to hit highlights in one day

dismagiclover

Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
I'm headed to Paris next month and am going to spend a day at DLRP:cool1: . What are suggestions for a touring plan? I'll get there at open and plan to stay until closing and will have a park hopper so I can hit both parks. Any suggestions on what order to do the attractions in and what will the weather be like at the end of March. Also any opinions on where to eat. I went to "Euro Disney" way back in 92 right after it opened and literally walked on everything and was on rides all by myself. I'm sure things have changed. Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks.

At the end of March the 15th Anniversary celebrations will have finished, but the new April programme will not have started. For this reason the Parks are expected to be a bit quieter than normal. The weather? Hmmm, Northern Europe in March I'm afraid it could be anything from snow through to t-shirt weather. More than likely blustery and a bit showery.

If you get there by about 9.30 I would either........

Queue for rope-drop at Frontierland, walk briskly to get FP for BTM, cut through into Adventureland and be riding Indiana Jones by ten past 10. You then have time to do either Phantom Manor OR possibly POTC before your FP window closes at 11. (Don't go at 10.30 as the FP queue is very long then - leave it at least 20 minutes). If I was without young children I would probably not ride anything in Fantasyland, but I would call in the Castle to see the Dragon underneath. I would then switch over to Discoveryland and FP Buzz, ride Space Mountain and hope your FP time for Buzz was due. If not, I would have an early lunch then ride Buzz, peek at anything else I felt I had to do then cross over to Studios. Crush is the one which will eat up most of your time - could easily be 60 minutes even on a quiet park day. Then I'd do as much of the Studios as I could before it closed, before spending the last hour (or two depending on closing time) mopping up things in the main Park.

OR

I'd start at 9.30 in the Studios, run for Crush, do the rest as quick as I could then go over and get FPs for either Buzz or BTM and queue a long time for which ever I don't FP, then pick up as many of the other rides as I had time for.

As for food, with only one day to see both Parks, I would have counter service only. If you really want a table service meal - see if any of the restaurants are still doing the quick-meal deal at lunchtime.

Thank you so much! That was just the kind of info I was looking for. I'm preparing for icky weather then I'll be pleasantly suprised if it's nice. If Crush is the big attraction I think I'll start in that park because if I don't make it to Buzz it won't bother me too much. I've ridden plenty of times with my 6 year old in Orlando:rotfl: (The kids aren't coming to Paris) One question about fast pass window times. In Orlando and CA they let you use them after the time has expired. Is that the case in DLRP?

It can be hit and miss if they let you use the FPs after the time. Most CMs will let you but some wont. They are quite strict about letting you on before your time slot though

They are quite strict about letting you on before your time slot though

With the result that it is sometimes difficult to get through the crowd of people hanging around the FP return waiting for their time. :rolleyes:
This week the CM at TOT waited until the EXACT moment showed on the clock before letting through the 10 or so people waiting - even though there was NOBODY in the FP queue at all.

Thank you so much! That was just the kind of info I was looking for. I'm preparing for icky weather then I'll be pleasantly suprised if it's nice. If Crush is the big attraction I think I'll start in that park because if I don't make it to Buzz it won't bother me too much. I've ridden plenty of times with my 6 year old in Orlando:rotfl: (The kids aren't coming to Paris) One question about fast pass window times. In Orlando and CA they let you use them after the time has expired. Is that the case in DLRP?

Just to let you know, Buzz is different to the Florida one, as the guns are handheld just attached by a wire, so you can whizz round with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter