Advice needed re back to back UK cruises and PCR tests

bellajane

Earning My Ears
Hi! After lurking since about 2018 this is my first post!

I'm a little confused about the PCR test requirement. I'm over 18 and I'll be fully vaccinated over 2 months prior to cruising. Do I still need a PCR test?

The Know Before You Go section of the website suggests they want proof of vaccination for over 18's and PCR tests for under 18's. But I was previously under the impression that everyone needed to have a PCR test pre-cruise, not just minors.

If I do need a PCR test then that brings up another problem. I have two UK cruises booked;

Wed 22 to Fri 24 September
Mon 27 to Wed 29 September

The PCR tests needs to be done no earlier than 5 days before the cruise. If I do the PCR test for the second cruise before embarkation on Wed 22 September, is that too early for my second embarkation on Monday 27 September? I'm not sure if that would count as 5 or 6 days before.

If I wait until I debark on Fri 24 September I'm worried results won't come back in time with it being over the weekend.

I'm sure there will be a really straightforward answer but I've got myself worried.

You don’t need a PCR. That’s just for the under 18s. You will however have a lateral flow test at the cruise terminal before your first cruise, and I believe again, before the second.

I asked the following questions of our agent and got the following answers. I hope it helps.
  1. Do you know whether we will be expected to get off the boat between sailings? Yes, you will need to depart and reboard but your stateroom host will be able to move your bags so you can leave everything in the stateroom. You can be one of the last to exit ship and first to reboard.
  2. In regards to the vaccinations, I will upload proof for both sailings. But in regards to the PCR tests for the children, I take it that one PCR test per child before the first sailing is sufficient? If the kids will be vaccinated they won't required the PCR. If they are not vaccinated Still don't have an answer at this time; still negotiating this with UK health officials; you will get a standardized document via email about 30 days prior with new updated info but this is for all guests not necessarily back to back guests. Will likely have more info 30-45 days out.
  3. Will we all need to have a second antigen test before the second sailing? Yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter