• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed please... BOG PPO in an EMM

ThinkerWen

Earning My Ears
Hello :)

I have a 8:50 PPO reservation for BOG next December, I was fearing I would have to cancel it as in past years they have changed opening hour to 8:00 a.m.. But today I found it is going to be a EMM day.

I know with this I will be let in as soon as 8:00 a.m., but I fear if I get in that soon they could take me back to line for drop off after having breakfast.

What time do you suggest me to entar the park? Do you think I will be able to get in line for 7DMT before big crowds get in?

Thak you very much!:flower1:

We had a 800 reservation on Wednesday. By the time we got in ate our food and left it was 840. We were about 20th in line for 7dmt. By the time we rode. They had let everyone in and the line was 50 to 100 long and people still walking over to the ride in a line. If your reservation is that late and then you add the emm people into the mix. I don’t see how an 850 reservation will get you there before the masses. Unless you reserve bog and pay the penalty fee to skip it. Also when we left bog the line was really long just to get into the restaurant

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments.

I read they let in all PPO at the same time, so I was hoping we could enter at 8:00. Also I read that as EMM people are there since 7:00, by 9:00 most of them will not be at 7DMT anymore. I think I will take the risk and be there early.

Thanks again for sharing:shamrock:

I'm banking on that as well for my 8:45 in February

I read they let in all PPO at the same time, so I was hoping we could enter at 8:00. Also I read that as EMM people are there since 7:00, by 9:00 most of them will not be at 7DMT anymore. I think I will take the risk and be there early.

They might let you in but when you get to the walkway to bog you have to scan you band to check your reservation. Not sure what they will do at that checkpoint.

Hello :)

I have a 8:50 PPO reservation for BOG next December, I was fearing I would have to cancel it as in past years they have changed opening hour to 8:00 a.m.. But today I found it is going to be a EMM day.

I know with this I will be let in as soon as 8:00 a.m., but I fear if I get in that soon they could take me back to line for drop off after having breakfast.

What time do you suggest me to entar the park? Do you think I will be able to get in line for 7DMT before big crowds get in?

Thak you very much!:flower1:

Early Morning Magic doesn't start until 7:45 am, so they are not there since 7 am. We were not even let into Town Square until around 7:45 am. So we had one hour to do rides. We did rides solid until 9 am, and then us along with what seemed like everyone else ate breakfast. Some actually started riding things not open for EMM at 9, showing up for their breakfasts around 9:30.

As others said they will likely hold you and let you enter at 9 just ahead of guests clearing the ropes in front of the castle.

I would read over on the EMM thread to see how it's all being handled now BUT when you go the EMM will have changed and will have more rides and bigger crowds so I imagine they will have to find a way to hold BOG folks back in a more organized setup, away from rides. When we did BOG PPO, we were kept back closer to Belle's Cottage and not let near 7DMT until the rope drop crowds were approaching.

Last edited:

They won't let you in the line early. When the RD crowd is coming around the corner, they'll let you in right before them. That's it. Thet let EMM guests have every minute of their experience they are paying for. With the PPO you do get the advantage of being just before that RD crowd so you'll get that 1 ride on 7DMT without a wait but it won't give any further benefit.

We did this in June. After we ate, they allowed us to line up at the entry of the stand by line. Due to EMM, that was as far as we could go (EMM guests were going through the FP line). But, we were in front of the RD crowd. It was well worth it!!

Another time, not EMM, we were about 5th in line, with hopes of 1x 7DMT and then 1x PP at RD. But, the ride had some "issue", and they didn't know how long it would take to open. They did say if we wanted to wait, they would keep us in front of the RD crowd. We had FP+ later in the morning so, we headed to PP

To me, if it works out, it's well worth it. But, keep in mind, it doesn't always work the way you plan.

Also, I've always heard it doesn't matter the PPO reservation time. If it's 8:50, you can go at 8:00 (I've always had early so, I haven't tested that). Make sure you pre-order your food (saved tons of time). To be on the safe side, keep checking to try to move up your time....I've had a lot of luck doing that closer to date.

Good Luck...….have fun!!!

We did this in June. After we ate, they allowed us to line up at the entry of the stand by line. Due to EMM, that was as far as we could go (EMM guests were going through the FP line). But, we were in front of the RD crowd. It was well worth it!!

Another time, not EMM, we were about 5th in line, with hopes of 1x 7DMT and then 1x PP at RD. But, the ride had some "issue", and they didn't know how long it would take to open. They did say if we wanted to wait, they would keep us in front of the RD crowd. We had FP+ later in the morning so, we headed to PP

To me, if it works out, it's well worth it. But, keep in mind, it doesn't always work the way you plan.

Also, I've always heard it doesn't matter the PPO reservation time. If it's 8:50, you can go at 8:00 (I've always had early so, I haven't tested that). Make sure you pre-order your food (saved tons of time). To be on the safe side, keep checking to try to move up your time....I've had a lot of luck doing that closer to date.

Good Luck...….have fun!!!

Good advice here, in my opinion.

Thank you all for your usefull advices. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck and nice trips to everyone. :daisy:

We did this last year on a EMM day.

After eating we lined up for 7DMT across from Belle's cottage, near the entrance/exit to New Fantasy land. It was obvious where we had to go.

A few minutes before 9, we were walked over to the stand by line. We were on the ride just around 9 am. We then walked over to Peter Pan, and had a 10 minute wait for that, which we were happy with. It gave us just enough time to enjoy the queue there, which we had never seen before.

We had the DDP, so it was the best use of a quick service credit ever.

If paying OOP, do they still let you "share" meals? Adults order kids meals?

[QUOTE="PrincessArlena'sDad, post: 59804029, member: 247601]

If paying OOP, do they still let you "share" meals? Adults order kids meals?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about sharing meals,but I always order the kid's meal for myself, whether I am solo or with someone else. I usually pay with my MB, sometimes with my cc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter