Advice needed for planning DLRP in Nov 2005

paulanddebbie

Earning My Ears
Me and my fiancee are currently planning our annual visit to DLRP. Last year we visited in early January and late November. We absolutely adored late November due to the Christmas theme. So this year we are looking to go between 10th Nov-end of Nov. I understand though that bookings don't get taken for the winter period until May time, is this correct?

We are looking to stay in the Newport Bay again but do fancy another hotel. Can anyone tell me the advantages and price increases in the following hotels as opposed to the Newport; Sequoila, Hotel New York and DisneyLand Hotel.

And finally, we usually book our package through our local travel agents (Dunstan Brearley), with this we get flights,hotel and passes but we are wondering if their are any advantages to booking ourselves through Disney for the hotel and finding our own flights. The only thing that worries me though is booking the hotel through Disney and then not being able to find flights to suit the dates and times. We would like to choose our own flights, am departing and pm returning. We are unsure how and with who to book flights with. In the past we have used Bmi Baby. Also unsure as to how early upto how late we can book these flights. Is it any better this way or is it just better to leave it to the travel agents?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Paul and Debbie

Hi Paul and Debbie!

I can help you with one of your questions and a little part of another one.

Yes I think you can book for Winter season in May.

I've only ever stayed at the Sequioa Lodge which we really liked - there are a couple of threads recently about it which I can dig out and post links to if that would help?

I would think the SL would be particularly nice in the winter!

I think the way I would do it with flights is to book the flights before the rooms - you could check on the DLRP website for room availability, then do the flights and then book the rooms. This is only my view, but I'd rather get the flights I want as I figure there will always be a room somewhere (this won't apply at peak times of year I know, but you are going in off season).

HTH

Karen

I think we may try and opt for the Newport Bay again though as we loved that hotel last time. We just have to make the decision about whether or not to book our trip DIY or with the travel agents.
The main factor is will we be able to check flight and room availability BEFORE we book either? And also which airline to book with.
Oh one last thing, you get park tickets with booking the hotel don't you?
Thanks again

Paul

Hi Paul! :wave2:

I would say that booking your rooms and flights seperatly to DLP is both cheaper and more flexible, than booking through an agent. :)

Agents are great and can provide valuable information that helps on the way to and from your destination. But don't forget that many agents get provision for the packages they sell. And sometimes a seperate room offer might get overlooked if it's not a part of a package deal from Disney. :earsboy:

We have always booked our rooms seperatly, by calling Disney directly.
After that we book the flights, and there are several flight options throughout Europe... somehow all roads, and flights, seems to lead to Paris, once you start looking for avalible flights. :rotfl2:

And booking your own flight is also a big moneysaver. :teeth:

We always stay at the Disneyland Hotel, for several reasons, but mostly because of the hotel location. :earsboy:
And once you have stayed at The Castle Club with a direct lift to the theme park, you will have trouble going back to another resort hotel... :rotfl2:

Good luck planning your trip.
Please don't hesitate to ask anything you want to help you plan the trip. :hyper2:

Well we are giving serious consideration into booking our trip DIY. We always get the VEA from CDG to DLRP so we just need our desired flights and desired hotel.
Am I right in thinking that you get your hopper tickets with your hotel booking?
I had a look on the Bmi Baby website but they only had flights up until October so still a little early yet. Maybe in May when the season is available to book I should have a look on Bmi again and check the flight times and check hotel availability with Disney.

Paul

Unless you have an AP you get your park tickets when you check into your hotel. :) Incidentally if you can move your trip back a couple of days you'll be eligible for a free upgrade - if you book at the Cheyenne on 1st, 3rd or 6th November you get a free upgrade to the Sequoia Lodge. Similarly if you book at SL you get a free upgrade to Newport Bay Club and if you book at NBC you get a free upgrade to Hotel New York. This isn't on the website and they don't tell you about it when you book direct with DLP by phone - you have to mention it and then they tell you it is available. You can book these now as the summer/autumn season goes up to and includes 6th November.

We are looking to stay in the Newport Bay again but do fancy another hotel. Can anyone tell me the advantages and price increases in the following hotels as opposed to the Newport; Sequoila, Hotel New York and DisneyLand Hotel.

The Hotel New York costs just a few pounds more than the Newport Bay, but offers bigger and plusher rooms. I realise that the decor can put a lot of people off, but the rooms are definitely much nicer in "real life" than in any of the photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter