Advice for friends please!

Bobbi_Can

Earning My Ears
Friends of ours have never been to Disney and our staying onsite. I've been to Magic Kingdom several times, and Animal Kingdom once but I have always stayed offsite, so I don't know how to help them plan. They are staying at All Star Music from Feb. 18-22. They have the Deluxe Dining plan, but do not have park hopper tickets. They are two adults in their early 40's and a 15 year old girl. Their only "must-dos" are Magic Kingdom and they want to hit Toy Story Land at Hollywood studios. Any suggestions on an itinerary? We will be in the area as well but we are arriving at our rental house in Kissimmee on the 15th, so we'll meet up with them for a Disney day at least one park day.

Do they have a 5-day Base ticket?

If so, I'd plan for 2 Magic Kingdom days and 1 day at every other park. Definitely start out at the Magic Kingdom (unless it's a Saturday, which I'd avoid.)

1. Make sure they utilize Extra Magic Hours since they're staying onsite.
2. I would not have gotten the Deluxe Dining Plan on my first WDW trip, because having that many Advanced Dining Reservations eats up precious park time. That being said, if they're making ADRs at resort restaurants, make them aware that using Uber, Lyft or the Minnie Van service Disney provides can go a long way toward reducing travel time.
3. Make sure they're familiar with FastPass+, and that they can make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance of their trip. They should download the My Disney Experience app to familiarize themselves with all that's offered there. (FastPass, attraction wait times, PhotoPass spots, dining credit info, etc.)
4. For a first trip, I'd definitely purchase Memory Maker in advance.

I hope you all have a fun trip!!

Book FP 60 days beforehand try for TSL a little later in the trip first like 22. They can only do one ride in TSL I would try SDD

First, skip the deluxe dining plan. It' too much food and too much time spent eating. And probably won't save them any money.

If they are planning on sharing the delux plan amongst the two groups, that might work well.

-Downgrade to the regular dining plan.
-How many days are on their tickets? Hopefully at least 4. Go to each park once and MK twice if they have more than 4 days.
-Don't try to do everything.
-Book ADR's ASAP
-Book FP+ at 7am 60 days prior to check in
-Know that it will be busy because they are going during President's day week.

Before we suggest ditching the DxDDP we might want to know what meals they are planning.

OP- The above is good advice, but I also like to know what people want in terms of dining experiences. On our first trip we had several must do experiences, and I wonder what your friends want. Do they want character breakfasts for their first trip? Do they want to go to some of the signature meals at night? DO they need three meals a day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter