Advice for a Newbie

kazdudds

Earning My Ears
Yay! This is my first post ever on a Disney forum!:cheer2:

We have booked a package direct with Disney for March, had a few hiccups with payments etc. but seems that other people have had problems too! So I won't go into that. I just had a few questions if anyone could help.

It's been a bit of a nightmare trying to plan because we are going with my husbands family, but they have all left it down to me to plan, book and decide where to stay etc. so am really open to any advice anyone can give!! My family (me, husband, Jack 9, Aidie 4 and Lucie 2) and Sister-in-law and her b/friend (+ 3 kids, Joe 9, Alfie 2, Holly 9mths) and Mother -in-Law are all booked in at the sequioa Lodge.

My main questions are;

• Is it a bit of a tight squeeze with a cot in each room or is it fairly roomy? SIL moaning about it being too cramped and we should have stayed at DCR and doesn't understand that you need to drive over or hire a car to stay there!
  • Has anyone had any experience using a double buggy in the parks, my SIL is insisting on bringing the double buggy, even though her 2 year old hardly ever sits in it for more that 5 minutes, I'm trying to put her off but not successful at the mo!
  • We have booked the half board option, does anyone know what the face value of the meal tickets are? Just so that we can have an idea of upgrade costs.
  • We have also booked the Wild West Show, but SIL is having second thoughts because under three are not guarateed a seat and her two year old will not sit on her lap!
I hope that's not too many questions to ask but the pressure is on and as they keep on telling me how expensive it is (£805 for 4 days and 3 nights, including eurostar, half board, wild west show and character breakfast for a family of 5, cheap as chips if you ask me!!!) I want to get it right and really show them how great it is!!!

I have been before with my 9 year old about 6 years ago and we had a fantastic time.

Many Thanks

Kaz xxx

Hello Kaz and welcome to the DIS :cheer2:

I can't really be any help with the rest of your questions, but I can tell you that the face value of your Half Board meal vouchers is €24 per adult per night and €10 per child per night - you can also find more helpful information about them on a recent thread here and also on dlrpmagic

As for the cot in the bedroom, I should imagine that it will be cosy, but with a little furniture pushing it will be perfectly doable!! Have a look at the Sequoia Lodge bedroom on this virtual visits, to get an idea of what can go where.

(£805 for 4 days and 3 nights, including eurostar, half board, wild west show and character breakfast for a family of 5, cheap as chips if you ask me!!!)

A very refreshing attitude :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

• Is it a bit of a tight squeeze with a cot in each room or is it fairly roomy? SIL moaning about it being too cramped and we should have stayed at DCR and doesn't understand that you need to drive over or hire a car to stay there!

We stayed at SL last time and I would say the room is big enough to cope with an additional cot without causing the occupants any problems, your SIL's not intending to spend a great deal of time in the hotel, is she ?

• Has anyone had any experience using a double buggy in the parks, my SIL is insisting on bringing the double buggy, even though her 2 year old hardly ever sits in it for more that 5 minutes, I'm trying to put her off but not successful at the mo!

The 2 year old will definately appreciate the buggy, the park shouldn't be too busy as long as it's not easter when you're there, so manoevering a double buggy around shouldn't be too difficult, whether it's your own or if you hire one, the hire ones are all single as far as I know with a buggy board on the back

• We have also booked the Wild West Show, but SIL is having second thoughts because under three are not guarateed a seat and her two year old will not sit on her lap!

You sit on long benches at Buffalo Bill so seating isn't really an issue, you could just budge up a little, does the little one still qualify for a meal, just wondering as to whether a place setting would be set for them

Hope this helps, try not to fret too much the planning is all part of the fun, tell SIL to chill out.;)

Jill.:)

Welcome to the Dis BTW.

Hi kazdudds and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Regarding whether SIL should take the buggy they will need to give some thought to the distances that you walk. Our DD5 still used the strollers that you can rent in the park (€7.50 daily) as she would have complained with all the walking :)

Hi Kaz, welcome to the DIS

I hope that's not too many questions to ask but the pressure is on and as they keep on telling me how expensive it is (£805 for 4 days and 3 nights, including eurostar, half board, wild west show and character breakfast for a family of 5, cheap as chips if you ask me!!!) I want to get it right and really show them how great it is!!!

That sounds like a really good price to me, I take it you're not going at Easter? :lmao:

We paid just over £400 for 3 nights room only at Sequoia Lodge, and that was with AP discount! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter