Adventures by Disney London/Paris trip

Hi Julie! We only tipped the 2 ABD guides last year. ABD pays the local guides and includes their gratuity.

Oh! HallGirl, another quick question. You said you had two guides, but then you had two local guides in Paris. Did you tip the local guides and the "main" guides? I'm trying to plan our tips and set the money aside for that this week, but I wanted to make sure on that. I'm assuming we'll have two guides. Does that mean two at each location or two total?

Thanks. Sorry for all the goofy questions.

Julie

On that particular trip there were 2 official ABD guides (Alex & Roni). There were also 2 ABD guides "in-training" (Francesc & Eddie). There were 2 special local-flavor guides in London (Steven & Kathleen) and in Paris (Sylvie & Corinne).

The only guides that you were encouraged to tip were the 2 official ABD tour guides (Alex & Roni).

We just completed the London/Paris trip. I'd be happy to share our metro and train experiences or answer questions.

We took train trips outside of London and Paris to Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, and Chateau Fontainebleau during our free time. We also used the metro system alot within Paris to get around.

I'd highly recommend taking an evening cruise down the Seine River in Paris after the welcoming dinner at the hotel is finished. It was fairly easy to navigate the metro and take a river cruise. If I remember correctly it was 9.50 euro per person for the cruise, 2.00 euro for the metro. We would have paid much more for the river cruise (great value). The buildings change character when lit up at night.

HallGirl: Very nice report. Brought back fond memories of our visits to London and Paris.

We were in London one week before you, and also saw Lisa O'Hare as Mary Poppins. Brilliant!

Woody

hi

we have been to DLP a few times usually in the begining of dec.

pack thermal clothing and/or layers of clothing as it came be quite cold, last time we went it was cold and rainned alot, but we brought poncho's which helped.

It is pretty at christmas time though. different atmosphere to WDW obvisously due to more parks and better weather. DLP is probably better in summer.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter