Adventure Package

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
How far in advance do you get your ABD package?

We are going on our adventure on August 24th. Should I be seeing it shortly?

How far in advance do you get your ABD package?

We are going on our adventure on August 24th. Should I be seeing it shortly?

Usually about 45 days prior to departure. If you booked your trip through a travel agent instead of directly with Disney, your package will go to the travel agent first.

We received our backpacks and other info on June 2nd, for our July 27th trip, so about 7 weeks ahead of time. We booked direct with ABD, however, I have heard from others who booked with an agent, the package went to the agent first.

Dahly

I always set it up for the package to go directly to the guest. There's no reason for it to go from Florida (where it originates) to our office in Washington to me in Boston and then to the client. Saving on the postage on my end gives me more money to play with for client gifts. :)

I only mention this so that anyone who has booked with a travel agent knows that they can request this. Some agents may not be aware because Walt Disney Travel Company (both WDW and DLR) only sends to the travel agency address.

Dotti

I would call as soon as the dates are available to book my trip. Even if you don't have the money at the time, you can call every month and make little payments on the trip. All you are risking is the deposit, right?

If you are going to book it really far in advance, I would recommend getting travel insurance becasue you never know what might happen.

I would call as soon as the dates are available to book my trip. Even if you don't have the money at the time, you can call every month and make little payments on the trip. All you are risking is the deposit, right?

If you are going to book it really far in advance, I would recommend getting travel insurance becasue you never know what might happen.
Um, I may be mistaken, but I don't think you understood LoveMickey's question. She (?) was asking about receiving the package with the backpacks, detailed itinerary, luggage spotters & countdown calendar for the trip the trip they're already signed up for, and which is leaving in 5 weeks.

That said, booking an ABD as soon as you can is always a good idea if you want the early booking discount. Not everyone can afford to risk $300 per person, though, so you should be pretty sure you really want that trip before booking (the deposit is only refundable for 14 days)

And trip insurance is ALWAYS a good idea! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter