• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advent Calendars

#1hoosierfan

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow is December 1st. Will you have an advent calendar to begin? Buy one for someone? If so, what is the theme?

I do not have one for myself. DS14 asked for a funko pops one. It is all Marvel characters.

DS16 did not ask for one, but I went ahead and got him a Godiva chocolate calendar.

Tomorrow is December 1st. Will you have an advent calendar to begin? Buy one for someone? If so, what is the theme?

I do not have one for myself. DS14 asked for a funko pops one. It is all Marvel characters.

DS16 did not ask for one, but I went ahead and got him a Godiva chocolate calendar.
A coffee pods one for my mom, a cheese one for my sister in law, and a disney books one for my niece that has been lost in the mail for a month.

It’s 1-24 AFAIK - to correspond to the date…I got my grand daughter (6 yrs old) a Lego Christmas village one…

My daughter is obsessed with all things Stitch so I got her one that has Stitch figurines.

Since my husband is a Die Hard fan (and that's the only part of this season he finds tolerable), I bought him an advent calendar where Hans Gruber falls from the Nakitomi Plaza one floor each day.
That’s awesome!

I love Advent Calendars especially the Lego Star Wars for the figurewearing the holiday Xmas sweater each year.
Also the Bonne Maman Is excellent little jars of jams and jellies .
This year is the first time I have seen the SEEs Candy Advent Calendar in a store . Is that new for this year ? I have to wait until family arrives, I guess.

I have a Disney one that I use every year. I start at one, the items and pockets get bigger.
I got DGD and DGS smushy ones and DD a Yankee candle one.

My kids have the reusable wooden kind with the little drawers that I fill with a mix of candy and other goodies. Since the baby can have neither candy nor anything small enough to fit inside a 1” drawer, he’s getting a Hape roller toy calendar this year. Last week a friend gave my kids a Lego activity book calendar so they’ll have an extra one to do this year. My husband and I put candy in a spare advent calendar we have and share that.

As well, we have three countdown calendars that the kids take turns rotating between. One counts down by turning a snowman’s nose, one moves Santa through a village scene, and the third has Santa slowly coming down a chimney.

ETA: I forget the cats’ advent calendar. They have one, too.

Last edited:
I didn't get them for the kids this year--we have a ton of chocolate in the house already, plus they love to bake, so that will be happening. I had gotten them coffee pods last year, but they didn't seem to care for them.

I do have one for myself--it's a crafting one. And there's one for the cats. We have one cat who's very "extra", who cannot have fish--most cat food and treats contain fish. This advent calendar has catnip treats, which she can have, so I snapped it up.

I have a countdown calendar, too, but none of the Christmas stuff is down from the attic, so it's not out. DH comes home tomorrow night, so the decorating will begin!

I was going to get the beer advent calendar from Costco but either I was too late or they didn't have them.

So no advent calendar for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter