Advantages of category 5 vs. 6?

Jet

Earning My Ears
We stayed in 7044 (category 5) last summer and are booked in a category 6 for our next cruise. We thought we'd save a few bucks by going with the 6 since the rooms are the same size, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Are there any drawbacks to being in a category 6 on deck 6 (we have room 6560) that might make it worth the extra $200 to change to a category 5? Obviously Disney thinks so as they are charging the premium...is it simply that there are fewer cabins on deck 7 that allows them to command a higher price? Thanks for any input!

I'm not sure exactly why one deck higher is worth more, but I'd say stick with the category 6. I do like deck 7 better, but not for a few hunderd dollars more. I actually go the other route, and try for category 7 on deck 7. Cheaper even than a category 6 and I don't feel like I give up a lot with the Navigator's Verandah.
But if I wanted the "full" verandah, I'd book a cat. 6 instead of 5 every time, unless they were somehow both the same price.

I agree, the category 6 is the same room as the category 5. Both cabins that you mentioned have the Plexiglas veranda.

There is a perceived difference that deck 7 is better than deck 6, but only if you believe that the higher deck is more desireable.

Deck 7 is closer to deck 9 and the pools, deck 6 is closer to decks 3 and 4 for the restaurants, and closer to deck 5 for the kids.

The food is the same, the service is the same, the entertainment is the same, just the price and the height are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter