Advantage Rent-A-Car (as well as FOX and EZ)

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
I'm seeing, via Southwest (just because that's where I'm playing with prices right now), Advantage Rent-A-Car (as well as Fox and EZ) are coming up as nearly half the cost of the cheapest "common" rental companies (which for the most part are pretty consistently priced everywhere else I've looked)- and they have the counter and cars at the MCO terminal. Any idea why, and are the companies good to rent from? I've never heard of them, and we have never needed to rent a car before, so I want to be wise about it.

Some of the lesser-known companies mentioned have a reputation for poor service and trying to get you to approve extra cost options, such as insurance, larger vehicle, etc.; most counter agents work on commission and make money when they talk you into extras.

Look at the websites of rental companies such as Alamo, which has a large presence at MCO. Check for deals and coupons on the websites. If you belong to Costco, their rates can be very competitive, and I believe they include perks, such as additional driver at no charge.

Some of the lesser-known companies mentioned have a reputation for poor service and trying to get you to approve extra cost options, such as insurance, larger vehicle, etc.; most counter agents work on commission and make money when they talk you into extras.

Look at the websites of rental companies such as Alamo, which has a large presence at MCO. Check for deals and coupons on the websites. If you belong to Costco, their rates can be very competitive, and I believe they include perks, such as additional driver at no charge.

Thank you, I have looked at Costco's rates and they are about $700, but I couldn't help but ask after I saw those other companies coming up at about $400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter