Advance DAS turned to multiple experience

jennab

DIS Veteran
So I have an advance DAS that turned to a multiple experience as it says the ride won’t be available. Has anyone has this happen to them? Am I still restricted to the 1hr return timeframe it was scheduled for? On my MDE plans for that day it does not show a return time window like my other advance selection for that day, but when I click on the multiple experience one, it then shows the original one hour time window. I’d love to use it earlier than the original time if possible, so curious on others experiences.

What ride is it? And is this like, here/now/today? Or for a date in the future?
I scheduled it probably a week or two ago and at some point it changed, although I’m not quite sure when. It is for next week at AK. I had booked festival of the lion king, which to my knowledge is available, so I’m not sure what happened that made it change. I can still use it for lion king, but would be nice if I wasn’t restricted to the 1hr time window.

Historically, the multiple experience had not time frame on it. I imagine that your other pre-booked ones have a return time but the multiple experience one does not, is that correct? If it is then it most likely has not return time and you can use it whenever during the day. I can't imagine that they would have gone through the programming mess of changing the multiple experience pass to now have a time from for only this situation.

I scheduled it probably a week or two ago and at some point it changed, although I’m not quite sure when. It is for next week at AK. I had booked festival of the lion king, which to my knowledge is available, so I’m not sure what happened that made it change. I can still use it for lion king, but would be nice if I wasn’t restricted to the 1hr time window.

I’m sure this isn’t it, but I’m secretly hoping if the show is actually going to be down they are restoring it to the full show!

It is quite possible that the showtime you had needed to be rescheduled, so my guess is it is available for any time that day, limited to the restrictions listed.

Historically, the multiple experience had not time frame on it. I imagine that your other pre-booked ones have a return time but the multiple experience one does not, is that correct? If it is then it most likely has not return time and you can use it whenever during the day. I can't imagine that they would have gone through the programming mess of changing the multiple experience pass to now have a time from for only this situation.
When I look at my future plans area in MDE and scroll down there is no timeframe on the multiple experience one, like there is for my other advance selection (Navi). However, when I click on the multiple experience I do see a 1:30-2:30pm time window, which was my original window. I guess I'm just not sure if that 1hr return time still applies since it does not show on the main screen. Guess if no one else has had this yet I may have to try to use it earlier and see what happens!

It is quite possible that the showtime you had needed to be rescheduled, so my guess is it is available for any time that day, limited to the restrictions listed.
Possibly, but when I look on the website it still shows a 2pm show the day we go, and my DAS was for 1:30-2:30pm. I mean worst case I can still use it for the Lion King show if it is running at that time!

I made my Advanced selections also and 2 of mine that were for "shows" were changed to Multiple Experience but it still lists the 20 minute window it had originally for the arrival time of the shows. If the shows I originally booked are still available those days, I'll still use them for the same times, but if not, I guess I'll have to re-arrange. Not sure why it changed b/c it's still showing The Lion King and Indiana Jones as available options which is the 2 I booked for those days.

I made my Advanced selections also and 2 of mine that were for "shows" were changed to Multiple Experience but it still lists the 20 minute window it had originally for the arrival time of the shows. If the shows I originally booked are still available those days, I'll still use them for the same times, but if not, I guess I'll have to re-arrange. Not sure why it changed b/c it's still showing The Lion King and Indiana Jones as available options which is the 2 I booked for those days.

That is odd, wonder why it is happening with shows? You know what, I actually never even used mine, ha! I ended up being able to get an earlier time for lion king and go everything else I wanted with DAS before that multiple experience time even came up.

This happened to me with our Festival of the Lion King show the week of Christmas. It still says 2:30-2:50 as my return window though, since it was for a 3:00 show. There is still a 3:00 show, so I don't understand why they cancelled the DAS for it.

It’s not just for shows this happens. We’re just back from an eleven night stay and had a couple of goofy things happen with our Advanced selections. On one day, my selections disappeared completely except it showed my two companions as having two Multiple Experiences. But when we clicked on the ME to see ride options, the only options that showed were for the original DAS rides booked and for the exact same one hour window. This was for PotC and splash mtn. Another time, my companions disappeared from a booking for SDD and mine went Multiple Experience and said it was good for anytime on every ride at DHS, including RotR, SDD and MMRR. This happened at least four days before we even went into DHS so there was no reason for it to go Multiple Experience that early. There are obviously bugs in the system.

Last edited:
I just booked my son's advance DAS selections this week. When I asked if advance DAS was restricted to just rides, or if I could also request a show, I was told shows were not allowed. I was specifically asking about FotLK when trying to pick attractions for our AK day. The castmember advised me that they were no longer allowed to book advance DAS for shows. So I wonder if it's possible they have adjusted the attractions/experiences and that's triggered any show DAS times to flip over to a Multiple Experience pass instead.

I just booked my son's advance DAS selections this week. When I asked if advance DAS was restricted to just rides, or if I could also request a show, I was told shows were not allowed. I was specifically asking about FotLK when trying to pick attractions for our AK day. The castmember advised me that they were no longer allowed to book advance DAS for shows. So I wonder if it's possible they have adjusted the attractions/experiences and that's triggered any show DAS times to flip over to a Multiple Experience pass instead.

Yesterday, I got my DAS selections at AK, and since they aren’t available for FOP, the only ride I wanted was Safari. So I picked Safari and LotLK and got both, and they are in my MDE.

Like an old "use anytime FastPass" -- given out usually when a ride breaks down, or maybe someone had an issue resolved at Guest Relations, etc. Usually it can be used at a choice of several attractions, with no set return time.
And it’s limited to one attraction you choose but you can use it any time that day?

And it’s limited to one attraction you choose but you can use it any time that day?
Usually. I haven't heard of any that are specific to a time of day but be sure to check the details if you receive one. There's usually information about which attractions, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter