• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advance booking of Restaurants ???

nitnat

Earning My Ears
We are going to DLP on 12th March next year for 5 nights,staying at HNY and have read lots about booking restaurants in advance. We are a family of 2 adults & 3 children(would also need a highchair) and having never been before find it really difficult to book a restaurant I haven't seen, or had a nose at the menu.

Can anyone reccomend some Good places to eat where we should be able to get good meals for adults and children (not overly worried about cost as figure it's all part of the trip) and shouldn't be dissapointed.

generally we would like to eat at around 5 -5.30 so would it be that busy then anyway ? Also as we will be there at a pretty quiet time, do you think there's a real need to book in advance?

Questions, Questions, Questions!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
Nat

P.S anyone eaten at the restaurants in our hotel ?

Hi -

strange coincidence - not only have I just posted a fairly similar question to you, but I'm also in Staffs

yes your message prompted me to post one more specific to my needs!!!

Where abouts in Staffs are you, we're just outside Lichfield.

I've eaten at the Parkside Diner - it's very nice and quite reasonably priced for Disney.

Have you seen the DLP foodguide? It might help you decide where you would like to eat.

We tend to eat round about the same time, although given the 1 hour time difference are not to worried if it is as late as 6pm.

Troops have all enjoyed Annettes Diner, RainForest cafe, Planet Hollywood, Plaza Gardens, Cowboy Cookout :)

Thanks for some restaurant Ideas - keep them coming though please!

Is the overall opinion that visiting from 12th March that i'd best book these places in advance ?

I am tempted not to as would really like to look at the places/menus etc first, but don;t want to be without somewhere good to eat either.....mmmmmmm

Hi again -

seems to be the consensus that unlike WDW its probably not necessary to book before going. However, although like you, we thought it was mad to book before seeing a restaurant, we thought we had nothing to lose - you don't forfeit a deposit or anything so we could have always chosen not to take up our reservations. We may end up taking a similar approach at DLRP.

Andy

That's a very good point Andy. They will hold the reservation for 15 mins so, if you decide not to eat there, nobody loses out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter