• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults only?

msgoofy

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are in our 60’s and have been to WDW 35 times but we have never been on a Disney Cruise. We have cruised on other lines and enjoy it. In your opinion, would we enjoy a Disney Cruise? Are there enough adult only activities? Thanks for the info!

Hubby and I are in our 60’s and have been to WDW 35 times but we have never been on a Disney Cruise. We have cruised on other lines and enjoy it. In your opinion, would we enjoy a Disney Cruise? Are there enough adult only activities? Thanks for the info!
Yes, there are Adult only areas, as well as activities. You can check out past Navigators here to see what sorts of activities are generally available:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

I'm a solo adult cruiser in my 50's and I have done multiple Disney Cruises and I always have a great time. Being a Disney fan helps but there is plenty of activities for adults to do on the ship. Of course being Disney they are more children sailing with Disney then any other cruise line I've been on but that doesn't both me.

Our first cruise was on the Magic in 2016 due to a wedding being held on castaway cay. We had a 9 month baby with us so we stuck to the family section of the ship but a few wedding events were held in the adult only areas and we were blown away by what the ship offered adults. Due to this revelation, we have booked a 7 night cruise in 2019 for our 10 year anniversary...ADULTS ONLY. We can't wait to enjoy the adult sections of the ship and experience the nightlife.

There are plenty of things for adults to do. I have 2 DDs under the age of 10 and have been on 12 disney cruises and some without the kids. You cannot discount the fact of having the adults only pool, and clubs in the evening. Compared to other lines though expect your night to end earlier which is fine with me.

My first Disney cruise was just me and my mom after my divorce, the 2nd week of January. We had late dining and barely saw any kids. On the last full day we saw the kids were going to perform on one of the stage and parents were invited - we decided to take a few minutes to check it out - and we were surprised by how many kids were there!

DH and I have since done an adults only cruise (left the babies at home) and had a wonderful time. We loved the champagne tasting and DH did beer tastings. Castaway Cay has an adults-only beach and it's own grill/restaurant there - so peaceful!

Of the 8 DCL cruises we (in our 70's) have taken, 3 have been without kids/grandkids. We found the cruise with the fewest kids, if that is a bother, was our WBTA last year. Also, go on one when school is in session. However, the 5 other cruises we took did have children, sometimes loads, but if you are in port or on an excursion, who cares? You can pick "adult only" excursions (18+ years old), if you wish. Even during "at sea" days we didn't mind the youngsters because they are usually preoccupied in the clubs/labs or in the movie theater. At dinner (we always have early seating), they can be a pain, but they are at home in a restaurant often, too. We like seeing the kids dressed up as pirates or princesses and enjoying the creativity Disney offers. Many of the innovations on board are very unique and, we believe, more mentally challenging than another cruise offerings such as climbing walls or surfing water features. And I love Mickey Bars, too.

We are in our 50's and sail alone quite a bit on DCL, we have seen so many new places on our "floating hotel".
We love to sail with our kids and grandkids too.
But we have probably done 10 cruises just the 2 of us, we love the adult areas and we are never bored on a DCL cruise.
You will become addicted....... trust me!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Have fun!

Like everyone else is saying, if you still enjoy WDW without kids I think you will like sailing with DCL. We started when our DD was in middle school. She's in college now and I've just booked a new cruise recently. We really like the adult areas of the ships and the Disney entertainment.

My husband and I, also in our 60's and avid Disney fans, completed our first Disney Cruise this past September. We loved it, were never bored, and enjoyed the Disney Extras on the ship!

The impression most people get before ever taking a Disney cruise is that it's mostly, if not all, kids stuff on board, and that kids are going to be running wild everywhere. I was surprised on my first DCL cruise at how 'adult' it was, and have heard many others express the same thing.

We had a wonderful time on our cruise with two adults! We played a lot of trivia and just hung around a lot in the adults-only area, I believe it was called After Hours, on the Wonder. There was plenty of adult only activities throughout the day in this area (funny game show type shows, entertainment shows, comedians, etc). We also booked a Palo brunch which was amazing (I do believe this restaurant is 18+). There were lots of tastings (i.e. bourbon, tequila, etc) obviously designated for adults only. We had a wonderful time and wouldn't hesitate to do it again!

I think Disney does a great job catering to adults in some areas. I will say that the adult areas are fantastic during school vacations when the ship is full of kids. Most passengers are with their kids, and those areas are pretty empty. If you sail in the off season, the adult areas can be very crowded. Very, very crowded. On the one and only cruise we have taken during the off season, we found the adult areas to be overrun most times.

If the kids on your 35 WDW trips did not bother you, they will not bother you on the ship! We do enjoy the adults only areas, especially on castaway cay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter