• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults in Bunk Beds?

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Hi,

For my hen night we're looking at staying at Sequoia Lodge next year with 3 women in one room. I'm debating between a standard room with with 2 double beds or a Montana room with a double bed and a bunk bed so we don't have to share - all 3 of us are apparently quite violent in our sleep!! Are the bunks safe for adults? We are all between about 5'2" and 5'6", average weight. Just wanted to see if that room would be ok for us?

Those are the only options I get on the website, would prefer a regular room with bunks rather than Montana if it's cheaper. The Montana option I get is a handicapped room too, should I try calling or are the bunks only in Montana rooms?

Thanks!

Can't help I'm afraid but thanks for giving us the heads up on bunk beds at SL, I had no idea they were available in the lodges or the hotel, it would certainly make my life a lot easier on future trips if there is a bunk bed option as DS's hate sharing a bed.

I didnt know there were bunk beds at Sequioa either. We are staying at Cheyenne and our DS (21) will be in top bunk bed. When we booked we werent advised they werent suitable for adults (there are 3 adults and 1 child).

I know this isn't SL but when we stayed at the Explorer's there was a weight limit for the top bunk but not the bottom: can't remember what it was but if there's only 3 of you it won't matter anyway.

Well we'd probably have one person top, one bottom and one in the double bed so we all have our own bed and can't injure the others. Is there anyone I could call to confirm that they'd be ok?

I know there is a weight limit for the bunks in the Cheyenne so I would assume it would be the same for the SL, which I too didn't know they had bunk beds.

Did a bit of digging on the restrictions on the bunk-beds.

The upper bunk-bed is not suitable for anyone under 6 years of age.
The maximum weight restriction is 70Kgs (which is about 10 1/2 stone) :)

I was going to reply with 60kgs, based on what I saw a few weeks ago at the Cheyenne (and don't ask me why that stuck in my brain, I have NO idea!)

Now, please don't ask me how many 'stone' that is as I have no idea how the UK weight system works (but perhaps someone would care to give an explanation as Canadian Guy so kindly explained Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions to me last week! :rotfl2: ) And yes, they do use Celsius in Canada, but most posters on this website only know Fahrenheit

I have to say, I hope that these weight limits are for specific bunk beds rather than generic ones because thousands of college students live in dorm rooms where sleeping in a top bunk is their only option and many of them are heavier than 70 kilos!

For bavaria:

1 kg is roughly equivalent to 2.2 lbs.
14 lbs = 1 stone

So...

(70 kg)(2.2lbs/1kg)(1 stone/14kg) = 11 stone

(hey, I got a slightly different answer!)

When we stayed at the Cheyenne two weeks ago my boyfriend slept in the lower bunk which was fine except that the blanket did not cover him completely when he lay on his side. The blanket looked normal sized but was actually much smaller :eek: !

I have to say, I hope that these weight limits are for specific bunk beds rather than generic ones
I guess each each manufacturer has there own tolerances and the weights quoted were in relation to Disneyland Paris :)

Bavaria, maybe it is 60Kgs. I do recall that the beds did have a warning plate on them.
Not any help with conversions I'm afraid. I've always fully embraced metric etc and wouldn't even know the temperature now in Fahrenheit :confused3

:offtopic: dreaming of a day when we use € and Km/h and fully embrace being a part of Europe.

We stayed at Sequoia, I guess the bunks are limited availability as we could only get a room with two doubles which was not a great option for us but we made do because we wanted to stay on site and get extra magic hours.

Mel
x

Looks like we'll opt for the two doubles then, saves us money anyway.

Thanks guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter