• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults holiday to DLP -Worth it??

Thundercats HO!

Earning My Ears
Ok seeing as im getting a total blank wall from the people I am supposed to be going with Im starting to consider just going by ourselves and arrange to all go maybe next year

Do you think its worth it?

There will be 3 of us - me, my OH and my DD who is almost 1
Ive been to DLP before but apart from a trip to Ireland this is OH's (and DD's) first time abroad so he is looking forward to it (though he's pretending not to be LOL)
But i've always seen Disney as being a holiday for kids so not sure

Anyone gone with other adults? How was it? Was there plenty to do 'after hours?"

The good thing about taking a baby is shes pretty portable and when shes had enough she just goies to sleep in the buggy lol

Im due to have another baby at the end of the year so this may be our last chance to have an 'adult' holiday so if DLP isnt ideal then would rather going elsewhere

Oh and on the subject of being preg - Im assuming that I can go on the slow rides - obviously not space mountain, or am I wrong on this?

Any advice greatly appreaciated
Thanks

Not sure if I understand what you are looking for :confused3 You mention going to DLP as an adults holiday. You also mention your DD is 1 year old so if she is going then you will not be looking for an adult's holiday. Since I know we could not do the same things going with the kids as we could going as adults only.

Sorry did think that as I posted LOL

We will have a young child with us but we will still be able to do things in the eve - will just let DD sleep in the buggy if she needs to

So the holiday will be based more around what we want to do - rather than catering to kids as DD will just go along with us - unless they do not allow children of any age in to certain things of course

Hope that makes more sense :P

DLP is a family place so there is no reason you can not take her out in the evening obviously you can not take her to the night club however there is plenty of restaurants and bars at the village and hotels. if you are going in the summer then the park will be open to late. only thing I would not be sure is how suitable the rides are for a baby..I have never been with a child so young however I have seen some babies of around one been taken on some rides at fantasy land.

Thundercats HO! said:
Oh and on the subject of being preg - Im assuming that I can go on the slow rides - obviously not space mountain, or am I wrong on this?
I'm sure Star Tours also has a warning if you are pregnant. I'd be careful of any ride that requires a restraint eg Big Thunder Mountain

Hey - well I am hoping to go sooner rather than later as dont want to be showing when we go

So are there alot of rides DD wont be able to go on???
Cause when I went before the only ride I can remember being more of a thrill ride was space mountain, the rest we went on were 'sit in a car and go round looking at things' type rides
Do they not let young children even go on them? She can sit up and isnt mobile yet so I could strap her in if thats the issue but if its really going to affect the rides we go on then perhaps we should reconsider :(

I have seen people take older babies around 1 on Dumbo, and I don't see any reason why a 1 year old will not be able to go Its a small world, snow white , pinocchio etc. Also the carousel has the horse carriages that don't go up and down if you don't feel comfortable with her going on the horses.
there is also characters, shows, and parades.

Maybe some one has had more experience with taking children of a young age can help.

I don't see any reason why you won't have a great time with your daughter.

Just looked it up and found the following information

Age restrictions

Phantom Manor
Some scenes may be frightening for younger children
Big Thunder Mountain
General health restrictions (see note)
Min age: 3 years
Min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril
Min age: 8 years
Min height: 1.40 metres (55 inches)
La Taniere du Dragon
Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Min age: 1 year
Orbitron - Machines Volantes
Autopia
Min height for driver: 1.32 metres (52 inches)
Star Tours
Min age: 3 years
Min height for after-ride computer game: 1.02 metres (40
inches)
CineMagique (Captain EO)
Some scenes may be frightening for younger children, and high
volumes may cause discomfort for those with sensitive hearing
Space mountain - De la Terre a la Lune
Min age: 10 years
Min height: 1.40 metres (55 inches)

Note: Pregnant women and people with heart, back, neck, motion
sickness or other similar problems should not ride attractions
marked as having 'general health restrictions'.

So basically apart from about 3/4 of the more thrilling rides (which being preg I cant go on anyway) shes ok to go on the vast majority it seems

Though one thing is confusing me - on the autopia ride it says min age 1 year - min height 1.32 meters
Now how many 1 year olds have you seen that tall?!

Thanks for your advice - still set on going - though so excited think i would go even if I couldn't do anything but watch my OH turn into a kid again!

Thundercats HO! said:
Thanks for your advice - still set on going - though so excited think i would go even if I couldn't do anything but watch my OH turn into a kid again!

I am sure you will have a great time. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the height restrictions, it is really useful as my dd has been asking if she will be able to ride BTM this time when we go. she was to small last time.

Thundercats HO! said:
Autopia
Min height for driver: 1.32 metres (52 inches)

Though one thing is confusing me - on the autopia ride it says min age 1 year - min height 1.32 meters
Now how many 1 year olds have you seen that tall?!

The person driving the car has to be 1.32 metres..the 1 year old will be the passenger :goodvibes

We've just got back from DLP, there were 4 adults and a 15 month old. My son (15 months old) loved Small World, the carousel, the big steam boat (can't remember what it's called) and the best thing for him was the show 'Animagique' at the studios. He adored the characters and we had a character meal in 'Inventions' at the DLH which was amazing. He loved eating in the restaurants 'Blue Lagoon' and 'Walt's'. Disney is great for really little ones, although there weren't any play areas suitable for tinies, so we had to make sure we left plenty of time for him to shuffle about (he doesn't crawl- he bum shuffles!). My DH and I didn't really think Snow White and Dumbo were suitable for tinies- Dumbo because he could have easily tried to escape from our laps and Snow White because it was dark and I remember my friend's 4 year old being scared of it on a previous trip, so we decided to steer clear. Peter Pan would have been OK though I think.

I think Disney is good for little ones, as long as you try and see it from their eyes- what seems make believe to us seems real to them, so it's worth considering that when you plan rides etc.

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Sally

I go to DLP as a single Adult. I don't get away very often so it's MY time. I go on a lot of the rides [although I've yet to pluck up the courage to not feel stupid riding the carousel!] and I don't find it any sort of a problem as a 40 something travelling on my own.

A lot of it is child oriented but there are rides and things a grown up can enjoy too. I don't know whose eyes were bigger when the parade came by - the kids or the adults!

I would love to go to DLP without kids they be so much I could do that I usually can't ermm how about "mummy is going to Paris to look at boring museums and won't be going anywhere near DLP" with finger crossed behind my back! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

lol I am only joking, I could never do that really!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter