• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults heading to Disney

Beth66

Earning My Ears
Hi -

My husband and I are heading to Orlando at end of May. We plan to visit his Mom about an hour from Orlando for a few days and stay in Orlando for a few days and go to the parks. He has never been.

We don't want to break the bank at some of the high price hotels and would prefer our stay to be as romantic and quiet as possible - next time we go we will probably have a child with us. :)

We are considering Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans.

What is the best way to book the trip? We can't really do a package since our flights are for a longer period (8 nights) vs. how many nights we need in Orlando resort - probably 5.

Also - what about tickets? Best way to buy them?

Thanks! And any other suggestions for moderate/romantic hotels is appreciated.

I love POR.

depends upon what you think romantic is

go sign up for the email from mousesavers -
www.mousesavers.com
every so often she will have a great discount on tickets from ticketmania.

can't post the site that she lists - because she asked that we don't.

go to there for your tickets.

I would go room only through CRO and hope for discounts codes - if there are any mousesavers will have them.

You might look into renting points form a DVC member - especially if you are staying on-site Sun-thurs (not fri/sat) - a studio at BCV or VWL - would be pretty romantic - that is my taste - others like BWV, OKW and SSR.

we have too many families trips to OKW for me to consider it romantic.....

If you have AAA or want to sign up, you can call Disney and request a AAA room only reservation. We are going there around mid-May. Originally I had 6 nights at Caribbean Beach for $843 (which was lower than what AAA quoted me for room only)...but I cancelled to book a package deal through AAA with tickets instead since that's what fit our needs best. You can book tickets only through AAA, ticketmania.com, mapleleaftickets.com. Just ask if others have used them. I heard there are some shady companies trying to sell tickets. I'm not sure why you can't book a package. You can book a hotel with tickets, without a flight through disney's website. I believe booking a package deal is cheaper than doing it separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter