Adults - Cruise vs WDW - Which Would You Chose?

PlutoIsHerFav

Mouseketeer
*Edited to Update Options* My husband and I are looking to book a last minute adults only trip - our first real vacation without kids in a number of years! We only have a few days, so will fly to Orlando. We have a couple of options. Which would you choose and why?! We're torn!! We want to relax, but we also have talked about doing the parks without kids for some time now.

• Option 1: 4 nights WDW - 2 or 3 day tickets with PH plus MVMCP. This was our original "plan" when we went to look at options. However, the resort availability is incredibly limited, so we can't stay at a resort we'd normally choose. This makes me concerned for crowd levels (early December). It also means the cost is more than the cruise + hotel.
  • Option 2: Fly into MCO, 1-2 nights at Dis Springs area hotel, attend the Christmas Party only, then a 3 night cruise on the Wish. The cost is about the same as Option 1 (WDW only).
  • Option 3: Fly into Miami, 1 night are hotel, 4 night cruise on the dream. Costs about $1k less than first two options (VGT rate). Most cost effective option and probably the most relaxing, but we're still torn on really wanting to attend MVMCP!

Last edited:
I think since this is a last minute trip, I would choose the cruise. There is so much less planning with that option. It would be more relaxing and less stressful and if you can get the extra day off for MVMCP, then you'll get a little park time too. You could always plan a park trip for a later date when the resort you want is available. Just my thoughts.

I would do option 3.

You don’t get much of a chance to really settle on a 3 night cruise, the extra day will help with relaxing. Everything I’ve seen has said that the adult area on the Wish is smaller so I would go with the Dream since it’s adult only. We did an adult only cruise on the Fantasy and really enjoyed the adult only areas.

As an update we went with option 2 but a little modified! There just wasn’t availability to do the whole long weekend at WDW (& have it make sense). We’re staying two nights on property, tour to hit all 4 parks, Christmas party and then 3 night Wish! Thanks for all your input! All good choices so it was hard to choose.

If you haven't done WDW without kids in a while or ever, I would go with option 1. It can be just as relaxing as a cruise if you take your time and just do what the two of you want.

Option 3, and it's not close.

The pricing on the Wish is obscene for what you get. It's nowhere near worth the premium they're charging over the other ships IMO.

Cruising is so much easier (and wonderful). Disney plans most of your activities.

As an update we went with option 2 but a little modified! There just wasn’t availability to do the whole long weekend at WDW (& have it make sense). We’re staying two nights on property, tour to hit all 4 parks, Christmas party and then 3 night Wish! Thanks for all your input! All good choices so it was hard to choose.
Option 3, the long cruise!!!! Easy choice.

Alternatively, option 2 including the cruise, although a 3-day cruise is not as relaxing of a schedule. I love that you're trying to maximize the experience by incorporating multiple things. I LOVE THAT! But a 3-day cruise is a lot of shuffling and doesn't necessarily equate to a "real" cruise.

Hands-down, a cruise is more affordable than a WDW visit. It's undisputable. If you choose a cruise line other than Disney, you'll save even more. You can save enough to get an extra trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter