"Adult"

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
I know this has been posted before but I can't find it....and please know that I am NOT trying to get away with something, so please don't flame me....

Serenity Bay and adult pool areas are for adults aged 18 and up. So now I'm looking for the technicalities...must the person have already tuned 18 prior to boarding? What if they turn 18 DURING the cruise? What if they turn 18 within a couple of months after the cruise?

We're cruising with DD and her friend next April and want to know the guidelines ahead of time.

thank you.

I know this has been posted before but I can't find it....and please know that I am NOT trying to get away with something, so please don't flame me....

Serenity Bay and adult pool areas are for adults aged 18 and up. So now I'm looking for the technicalities...must the person have already tuned 18 prior to boarding? What if they turn 18 DURING the cruise? What if they turn 18 within a couple of months after the cruise?

We're cruising with DD and her friend next April and want to know the guidelines ahead of time.

thank you.

18+ means 18+. If a cruiser begins the cruise at 17 but will turn 18 during the course of the cruise, they may participate in the Vibe until their birthday. Once they are 18, they are not allowed to return to the Vibe. BUT at that point they can participate in the things that are reserved for 18+.

No, you are not allowed to participate in 18+ activities or locations until the day you turn 18. If it is a couple of months after the cruise, they can go to the Vibe and do the teen stuff. But no adult areas and no Palo or Remy. (One poster once reported asking if they could do Palo the last night of their cruise as her son turned 18 on debarkation day, and the answer was no, it is 18 and over.

thank you.
IMHO, close enough. Depending on how old your 17 year old looks they should be fine in the adult area. Are they cute?

IMHO, close enough. Depending on how old your 17 year old looks they should be fine in the adult area. Are they cute?

HA! HA! They are your typical 17yo high school seniors...both are cute, quiet, reserved and mature. :-) We'll follow the rules, though.

18 during the cruise, they can use the adult facilities on their 18th birthday and afterward.

Turning 18 a couple of months after the cruise means they are 17 and they cannot use the adult facilities.

Actually at least in the pool areas, the servers are starting to "card" anyone that looks young. We were with some 25 year olds that got "carded" in the pool.

Palo and Remy - they KNOW the age of all guest and U17 will not be let int.

Adult night club area after 9pm - don't know if anyone's checking.

Actually at least in the pool areas, the servers are starting to "card" anyone that looks young. We were with some 25 year olds that got "carded" in the pool.

Adult night club area after 9pm - don't know if anyone's checking.

I've seen young looking adults carded quite a few times, and once a teen requested to leave even though his parents said he didn't drink.

We asked concierge about this during our September cruise, as we will have our 17 y.o. on the Wonder in December. Due to liability issues, 18 is 18. We will be on the family beach in a cabana for that sailing, we will miss SB.

The UO Guide to DCL said they tried really hard to get the restaurant to bend the rules for their almost-18-year old and they wouldn't.

Disney made it easy. Age restrictions apply on the day you ask.

The easiest and least stressful approach is...every morning when you wake up, say "How old am I today?" That answer then perfectly answers any questions as to what you can do, where you can eat, whether you can drink, what areas of the ship you can go to, etc.

Seems like it would be kind of exciting to turn 18 during a cruise. Best of both worlds (teen club then adult areas/activities).

The easiest and least stressful approach is...every morning when you wake up, say "How old am I today?" That answer then perfectly answers any questions as to what you can do, where you can eat, whether you can drink, what areas of the ship you can go to, etc.

Seems like it would be kind of exciting to turn 18 during a cruise. Best of both worlds (teen club then adult areas/activities).

Yeah, the only part that would be not cool is if your friend was still only 17 - you could do stuff outside of the Vibe, but nothing together in it. And likewise you could do adult stuff, but your friend couldn't. So it would limit what you can do together a bit. But it would still be cool! :)

Creep!
Am I the only one bothered by this comment? She's 17.

Yep - as in I agree with you. That's why I said Exhibit A for why the age limits are strict.

If someone is in the adult-only area, the assumption will be that she (or he) is over 18. And then anyone who would be just creepy if the girl was over 18 suddenly becomes an offender because the person wasn't 18.

Again, I am NOT saying that being a creeper is ok in any form. But legally, there is a huge difference between being a creeper to someone over 18 and someone under 18.

Last edited:

My bf (23) and I (20) get carded all the time... It's only annoying when the crew member demands to see our actual photo IDs (which we do not carry around with us on the ship... we shouldn't have to). There's a letter on the ship cards denoting the individuals' age range - if I know this, crew members should know it as well. If it's because there's not a photo on the ship card, well, that's just silly, and I'm pretty sure they can scan your card at a register and a photo of you pops up, anyway.

And not that it necessarily has to do with mistaking our age, but we've also been asked if we were brother and sister by a crew member... LOL!

My DD will turn 18 this summer during our Alaska cruise! She's really looking forward to it...won't have any of her friends along though...just us old folks. :-)

Yeah, the only part that would be not cool is if your friend was still only 17 - you could do stuff outside of the Vibe, but nothing together in it. And likewise you could do adult stuff, but your friend couldn't. So it would limit what you can do together a bit. But it would still be cool! :)
We were thinking this would be a good Senior year spring break trip but I think this could make it complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter