• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult Trip - What Would You Do?

Demonica

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

My mum said she'd watch our daughters in November for us to have a 2 night break away. So we're choosing Disney of course so we can go on rollercoasters together etc :cool1:

I don't know what hotel to choose though :confused3

Disneyland Hotel is sadly out of our budget.

New York is the next "plushest". Then there's also Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge within easy walking distance. We don't want Cheyenne as we're there the month before.

Which of those three would you choose for a Christmas adult break?

I've been reading the pros and cons of them ie Newport Bay being big so busy at breakfast etc.

Of course if we choose SL as opposed to the NY then we'd have over £100 to put towards next years holiday. But would staying at NY be worth the extra £100?

Decisions decisions!

Help!

Hello all!

My mum said she'd watch our daughters in November for us to have a 2 night break away. So we're choosing Disney of course so we can go on rollercoasters together etc :cool1:

New York is the next "plushest". Then there's also Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge within easy walking distance. We don't want Cheyenne as we're there the month before.

I've been reading the pros and cons of them ie Newport Bay being big so busy at breakfast etc.

Of course if we choose SL as opposed to the NY then we'd have over £100 to put towards next years holiday. But would staying at NY be worth the extra £100?

Decisions decisions!

Help!

Hello!!

You have just described my exact dilemma I had when booking my up and coming trip!!

Here are my thoughts!

As you say, NPBC is too big for it's own good.

I chose a Lakeview Montana Room at SL as, it still works out cheaper (about £70 for a 3 night stay) than a standard NY room AND you know you'll get a great view of the Village and Parks in the distance!

And I hear SL is lovely at xmas, big burning fire and a lovely place to warm up in the evenings!

I vote SL!

Hello all!

Decisions decisions!

Help!

If its any help the SL does have a more wintery, Christmassy, rustic feel to it. When me and my fiance stayed there in April it was lovely and cosy when it was raining outside.... :goodvibes.

If you stayed at the SL, but did fancy a bit of a treat, you could upgrade to lake view room? It would probably still work cheaper the NY, you'd have a lovely view (Which we used to our advantage when we were deciding what time to go for dinner in the village- We could see how busy it was!), and you'd be in a nice warm wintery hotel.... Lovely for Christmas!

Bob xoxox

This is a dilemma that constantly bugs me too! I have stayed in Sequoia Lodge, New York and DLH within the last year and ruling out DLH on grounds of price I still don't know which I would choose. The Sequoia Lodge rooms were fairly basic but fine, but we absolutely loved the grounds and the public areas. The New York is a bit more grown up and sophisticated, rooms are elegant and we could go for breakfast whenever we wanted, loved the ice rink outside and the jazz music but this area seems a bit "flat" during the summer months.

Having said that I am hopefully going to the New York in October. In this case we chose it because we are going with my brother who has slight walking difficulties and it is just that bit nearer;)

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'd be tempted with SL! I read about the fire and that does sound lovely.

The New York is a bit more grown up and sophisticated,

Unlike me then :rotfl:

We're not too fussed about the room although a nice view would be tempting. I expect we'll either be in the park or hunting beer in the village most of the time.

We're going on our own in October too, although we can't tell the kids of course and that makes me feel bad. Still, i have to reflect it's probably the only thing I will have done for myself the whole year!
If you're not too bothered by the room I think I'd go for SL and perhaps treat yourselves to a special meal with the savings!

I stayed at HNY during Christmas season. It's a nice hotel, but it's pretty "cool/cold", nothing too romantic there.
I would vote for SL.

I love both hotels & would normally choose the HNY if money wasn't a problem. However if you are looking to save money then SL would get my vote.

Whats a adult only trip lol....

I would recommend the NPB, really loved this hotel.

We love SL in winter - can't beat the fire and the cosy bar area.

an adult trip to dlp?????

i though that everyone was turned into a kid when they go through the park gates - that is what "disney magic" is!!!

an adult trip to dlp?????

i though that everyone was turned into a kid when they go through the park gates - that is what "disney magic" is!!!

Weeeell I'm not sure the hubby would be impressed if I start screaming for sweeties, demanding to be pushed in a buggy or insisting we ride It's A Small World for the 8th time in a row :confused3 :rotfl:

Weeeell I'm not sure the hubby would be impressed if I start screaming for sweeties, demanding to be pushed in a buggy or insisting we ride It's A Small World for the 8th time in a row :confused3 :rotfl:

Dare you to try! :laughing:

Bob xoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter