Adult solo - budget lodging opinions needed>>>

Steve P

Mouseketeer
Need a budget room for Epcot F & W festival upcoming. I missed it the last few years, want to go back. I am a FL resident, they have a $49 deal for value resorts Oct/Nov.

I thought I recall the consensus was that ASMu was the best AS for adult solo's was that right?

Or, are the AS's too kid oriented, and should I go offsite? TIA.

IMHO, the All Star resorts as a whole are overrun with kids. Not that that's a bad thing, but if you're an adult with anything resembling a low-tolerance for kids and the sounds they bring with them, it might be wise to look elsewhere. However, if you can have a "live and let (noisily) live" take on things, it probably won't matter much!

Richard

Have stayed at ASMu 9 times now on solo trips and never had a problem with kids. Last May was in Broadway with several band groups and they were no problems.

I think it depends on what you need or do in a resort that should influence your decision as to where.
To me the resort is a bed shower fast food and bar. I don’t hang out at the resort so quiet areas are not needed. I don't waste time at the pool there is one in my backyard.

For the money the All Stars (with AP rate) are just fine.

I now split stay on my long trip in early Dec. A week at RPR then a week at a Disney resort. Checking in at PopC on opening day the 14th ....this should be interesting.
RussH

I have stayed many times at the Music solo and find it to be fine. I asume you will be at the parks most of the time and at the hotel only to sleep. I usually get to the park early and eat breakfast there and then hang around until 11:30 or so then go back to the hotel to swim. There are usually no small children there then as they are still in the parks. I then go back to the parks around 3 and the majority of kids are asleep in their strollers. Hope this hepls...

Steve P, I think I saw since your original post here, that you've since upgraded to a moderate. If so, I breathe a big sigh of relief. If not, I recommend you run, not walk to the phone. I'm a very "thrifty" person (nice way of saying "cheapskate") and after several nice trips staying at POR, I decided to save the money and try ASMusic. All week I internally scolded myself for being such a cheapskate. I think they were CHEAP. In my opinion, the moderates are well worth the extra cost-theming, quality, cleanliness. And I never thought I'd say spending more money could be a good thing!

we stayed at the AsMu-Calypso, and loved it sure there were kids but i didn't feel it was overrun

I love the All-Stars, to me it is really peaceful even for solo trips, but then, I'm only around there and awake before 6am and after 2:00 am on Solo Trips.

When my family is with me, we enjoy all the fun going on with other kids.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter