Adult only trip-where to stay and why? August or the Fall?

FALL-one of the Epcot Resorts for the Food and Wine. if you can't get one of those maybe rent points through dvcrequest or some other broker/member so that you can get deluxe accommodations. I love AKL Jambo House. If you choose a moderate then I would choose POFQ for its size and the boat to DS. My husband and I have only done adult trips and this past September we love the proximity to Epcot and HS at YC but AKL Jambo House is our all time favorite. You may consider getting at least the QSDP so that you can utilize the credits at food and wine. have fun!

September, just because of Food and Wine. DD15 and I went for the first time and we can't wait to go back! I was really hoping my mid-August trip would hit the beginning but no. :(
If I could, I would stay at one of the Epcot resorts, probably Beach Club, and get a park hopper just so I can go to Epcot every day for food lol!

except possibly a higher chance of rain in September. Its also hurricane season but that hasn't stopped us from traveling that time of year before.

Ive been twice in September. Both times I got SOAKED......on Kali River Rapids :) Other than that, 10 days of sun and clouds and maximum a few morning sprinkles that went away by 9am.

I went the week of Labor Day with a girlfriend for a girls week and absolutely loved that time! Low crowds on the weekdays. Stayed at Coronado Springs Resort and really enjoyed the resort. Buses weren't a problem unless you were trying to get to a resort. But we worked around that by using the Park Hopper and taking the bus to EPCOT and then walking through to Boardwalk and Yacht Club for the restaurants. A deluxe resort is definitely my first choice, but, for a moderate, we really enjoyed CSR and the restaurant and bar there.

September. Less Children/More Adults-Only. Food and Wine Festival.

Since adults only, if you don't mind a little walking stay at Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan or Dolphin. Easy walk, no waiting in transportation lines to HS or EP. Many places to dine in the area at those resorts without having to transport.

Ive been twice in September. Both times I got SOAKED......on Kali River Rapids :) Other than that, 10 days of sun and clouds and maximum a few morning sprinkles that went away by 9am.

September weather can be hit or miss. The only thing definite is that it will be hot. We've been over Labor Day weekend and got the mid-day downpours you hear about. Rain is definitely more common this time of year, both brief showers and lingering thunderstorms from the humidity, so I'd say you were lucky to not experience much rain!

I suggest staying at the one of the hotels that is closest to the park you intend to spend the most time at. My wife and I went last May and stayed at the Boardwalk. Most of our time was spent drinking in Epcot. :drinking1

September weather can be hit or miss. The only thing definite is that it will be hot. We've been over Labor Day weekend and got the mid-day downpours you hear about. Rain is definitely more common this time of year, both brief showers and lingering thunderstorms from the humidity, so I'd say you were lucky to not experience much rain!
Yes, I felt super lucky. Was there 12 days each and never got rained out. First visit in September was extremely humid, but sunny (09/10 - 09/21). Second visit, 2015, was a lot less humid (09/16-09/27) but cloudy almost every day. Still....no rain except one morning.

My worst rained out trip was an October trip. Was only there for a week, and it rained 4 of the days, non stop. May too is guaranteed a 30+ minute downpour every afternoon.

I almost lean towards July/Aug. Take a look at the park hours for both options. IMO the MNSSHP has taken over so much that I won't go in the fall anymore. MNSSHP was once my favorite thing in all of WDW, but the quality/experience of it has declined so that we won't be attending anymore. The non-party nights at MK are a nightmare b/c everyone goes then. The overall experience of MK in the fall has made Fall go from our preferred time of year to avoiding it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter