Adult only, All Inclusive

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
opinions on great options for June. Currently leaning towards Secrets in Jamaica but open to any and all suggestions.

We want good food, a great beach, and good evening entertainment-piano bars, karaoke, etc...

Just personally, I would not be leaning towards Jamaica. I am a beach girl (snob) and am not so sure about the beaches there, either.
I have been to Secrets Maroma Beach, years ago... and It was great! good to okay food, great beach.
I would consider Secrets Akumal or Secrets The Vine.
I would be interested in LeBlanc, on one of the nicest stretch of beaches, on the north of the Cancun Hotel Zone. But, don't think that is for you... not big on things like Karaoki and that type of thing. This is an expensive upscale spa resort.
Maybe Hyatt Zilara? Have you looked into that one?

Which other resorts have you considered?

Secrets in Jamaica is great. Nice cove beach and private. Close to airport.

Personally I like the food in Mexico better.

Loved live aqua in Cancun for the very personal service. Beach is beautiful but can be rough so it’s a trade off. Evening entertainment is very low key.

So many great resorts.

Secrets Akumal or Secrets Maroma are my favorites - I would go back to either tomorrow
Not a fan of Iberostar Grande - decor like Vegas and the need for dinner reservations

A few questions to ponder to narrow down resorts
How important is the beach? Many ai resorts are built on not so great beaches
Do u want dinner reservations? We hate them. Others love them
Are bracelets ok? I prefer not but am ok with them
Table service lunches? We have to have them! Lol. Many find the beach grills and buffet ok.
Do u want 24 hour room service included?
Do u want beverage service on beach?
I do!
How far from airport?

Just a few things to narrow choices. I like to go on the major booking sites to get an idea of places in my price range and then knock them off based on my criteria. Then I get a short list to check reviews

A few questions to ponder to narrow down resorts
How important is the beach? Many ai resorts are built on not so great beaches
Do u want dinner reservations? We hate them. Others love them
Are bracelets ok? I prefer not but am ok with them

Bracelets?? No idea what that is...

Table service lunches? We have to have them! Lol. Many find the beach grills and buffet ok.
Do u want 24 hour room service included?
Do u want beverage service on beach?
I do!
How far from airport?

Just a few things to narrow choices. I like to go on the major booking sites to get an idea of places in my price range and then knock them off based on my criteria. Then I get a short list to check reviews

Thank you!

We’re never done an AI and really never done a beach vacation except for Hawaii. Looking at all options.

We stayed at Hyatt Zilara in Cancun last year, adult only, AI, LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat! Every room faces the ocean with a hammock on each balcony, heaven!

eta: this resort did not make us wear bracelets.

What kind of vibe did you get at the HYATT?
Did it have any of the fun-factor, karaoke, entertainment that some resorts have?

I am now considering other resorts, but in general, Secrets seems to have a good combination of nice/upscale and 'fun'.
Some adult only resorts are geared more for couples. honeymoons, etc... and are more quiet.

I don't remember karaoke, but there was nightly entertainment and the pool crew was a lot of fun too. We were only there for 4 nights so didn't get to experience everything, but I thought it was a nice mix of fun and upscale.

Been to Secrets in Montego Bay
It's a man made small beach , not that great
No bracelets or dinner reservations needed

If you love the beach, Negril would be a better option
Beautiful long 7 mile beach
DH and I frequent Sandals Negril , we have visited every year for the last 21 years , we love it
Sandals Emerald Bay is on a stretch of beautiful beach too
Its located on the island of Great Exuma
Beautiful water that looks like Tahiti
The island has so much to offer though so please venture off site

We are headed to Exuma this summer with the kids for our 3rd visit
We rent a house , the local food is some of the best we've ever had

My sister and her husband stayed at El Dorado in Riviera, Mexico a few months ago and said it was the best all inclusive they been to so far.

We love Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios. The Couples brand is fabulous! Fun activities like beach parties, galas, dancing, water sports during the day, an included excursion to Dunns River Water Fall, and great food! Their employees are also wonderful. The property is so small that the employees get to know your name. We went down to the beach bar on our second and the bartender called us by name and asked if we'd like what we had yesterday. Also, they have a private lounge in the airport with drinks while you're waiting for your included transportation to the resort.

Azul Sensatori in Negril, Jamaica... beautiful resort especially the new wing which is adults only, AMAZING crystal clear beach, food was good but not great! Our ocean view/front was exactly that... 10 steps and we were on the beach. Our absolute favorite though was Excellence Playa Mujeres. The food and service were amazingly on point...so much to choose from and no reservations required. Beach was beautiful - some seaweed but nothing that stopped us from going into the ocean which did every single day! Mexico and many other places in the Caribbean are having issues with seaweed - really depends on storms and mother nature. I would go back there in a heart beat! I thought Sandals were great when it came to service but Excellence blew them right out of the water - no comparison whatsoever!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter