Adult child with autism

toy

Mouseketeer
We have a soon to be 22 year old with autism. She is developmentally 5. She was 17 during out last cruise and was able to go the teen club. Now that her siblings are in college I want to travel with her on another cruise. She is too old for the clubs and will be so sad. Has anyone taken the cruise with an adult with autism with any suggestions on things to do? We want her to have a good time to make up for her inability to go to the clubs.

I fear we will be in a similar situation by the time we cruise again. Depending on interests there are movies, spa services (you can book a "couples massage" for mother-daughter), bingo, towel-folding class. Watch for open house times if she would like to visit the kids' spaces. If she's interested one of the beverage tastings might be an option. Mini-golf and the sports deck. Maybe they'll be offering tours again like the art of the ship (I forget the real name). Port excursions. I think there are lots of things you can do together :-)

As othes said, I find the open houses are actually quit frequent. I had assumed they were only on embarkation day. Also she is old enough for the adult sections, which might actually be better for her too ( less noise, action, calmer)

Thanks everyone we will sit down with her when we book and let her choose some activities to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter