Ads from ArcadeYum disrupting my DISboards sessions

BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
Hi,

For the most part my experience has been good. I have noticed that on Tuesday my alerts on watched threads suddenly stopped. Yesterday I read all the ones I was interested in, and now I'm getting alerts again. But I digress. That's not why I'm here.

I don't know what happened recently on the old boards that was causing people to be rerouted by ads, except that it happened and was quickly fixed.

Today it's happening to me again. I am working on a PC using Chrome. About every 3rd click results in my being rerouted to a variety of pages in a new window. I'm seeing "driven by Arcade Yum" or something similar.

The real problem is that sometimes it is resulting in a pop-up window with a video running (unmuted!) that I must endure before clicking to close. This box also has a label mentioning Arcade Yum.

Also, all over the place in the text of posts there are words underlined as urls. These also seem to power pop-up ads with the Arcade Yum label.

PLEASE disable these ads. I can handle glitchy-ness and really love the new format, but I'm not sure I can tolerate the constant interruptions.

Hmm. Actually, now it seems to be all websites. Not just the DIS. DH is a network engineer and our network is usually incredibly secure. I guess something got through.

Sorry, I should have known to troubleshoot on my end first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter