ADR's unavailable due to Disney holding for Candlelight Procession?

Huff

DIS Veteran
Found out that several Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants are unavailable for ADR's for our trip 11/24-12/3. Couldn't believe so many would be completely booked for lunch or dinner for all days. Called Disney who informed me that several restaurants are closed to ADR's for much of Nov. and Dec. due to the Candlelight Procession dinner packages which are currently not released.

In the past, when has Disney released these restaurants for ADR's with or without the package?
Any idea what % of ADR availability is blocked out for the dinner package?

I'm at my 180 date and found several of the restaurants we want cannot be reserved at this time. UGH!!!

I’m with you. I’m certainly hoping that breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is part of the package. I couldn’t get breakfast at any time for 11/26-12/1.

I also didn’t realize how popular dinner at 1900 Park Fare is. I was unable to get that as well.

I have been unable to get CRT dinner since my 180+10 (usually at -0 days out there is decent availability, but there was nothing for any party size at any dinner time...breakfast and lunch were available, though). I want the day after Thanksgiving. I was guessing candlelight processional had something to do with it, but apparently these are only Epcot restaurants. I don't know what's wrong with CRT.

Last edited:
I’m with you. I’m certainly hoping that breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is part of the package. I couldn’t get breakfast at any time for 11/26-12/1.

I also didn’t realize how popular dinner at 1900 Park Fare is. I was unable to get that as well.

I was able to get Trattoria al Forno for 11/22 breakfast, but I’m not part of any package deal.

What’s the Candelight Procession for? Is that for the weekend after Thanksgiving?

I have been unable to get CRT dinner since my 180+10 (usually at -0 days out there is decent availability, but there was nothing for any party size at any dinner time...breakfast and lunch were available, though). I want the day after Thanksgiving. I was guessing candlelight processional had something to do with it, but apparently these are only Epcot restaurants. I don't know what's wrong with CRT.

I have had the same problem with CRT dinner, but my night is a party night. At 6am on my 180+10 there was nothing for any dinner times. I know it's a difficult reservation to get, but I have always been able to get it in the past. I also saw lunch times available.

The issue with party nights at the MK is that restaurnats cannot be booked during the party, therefore the few ADR's that are open prior to the party are generally booked solid. Disney does sometimes open the restaurants for booking, however you need a party ticket to enter the restaurant. Consider that for a week, Disney has parties 4 of those nights, that leaves very few open slots for non party nights, they get scooped up fast.

The issue with party nights at the MK is that restaurnats cannot be booked during the party, therefore the few ADR's that are open prior to the party are generally booked solid. Disney does sometimes open the restaurants for booking, however you need a party ticket to enter the restaurant. Consider that for a week, Disney has parties 4 of those nights, that leaves very few open slots for non party nights, they get scooped up fast.
I still think they haven’t been released. The night I want is during Thanksgiving week, no MVMCP then. I was online right at 6 AM (actually a little before, waiting for reservations to open) at 180+10 (literally day 10 of our stay) and there was nothing for any party size at any time. I have trouble believing they all got scooped up that fast, but maybe I am wrong.

I have Be Our Guest dinner booked on a Christmas Party night. I'm waiting for the Candlelight Processional reservations to open as I cannot get a Coral Reef dinner for the whole two weeks of our stay. Apparently most Epcot restaurants are affected.
CRT is proving to be difficult, but, we still have some time up our sleeve so I'm confident of ( well, strongly wishing ) that I will get one!

Is anything loaded, and just the packages are not out yet? Or is there no availability showing at all?

Is anything loaded, and just the packages are not out yet? Or is there no availability showing at all?

Many Epcot restaurants are not available for any ADR's during much of Nov. and Dec. Disney is holding all ADR's for some restaurants until they release the candlelight packages. Last year they were released late June.

Does anyone know if breakfast at Trattoria al Forno will be part of the package? I’m finding conflicting reports from last year...

I was able to get several restaurants for 11/28 to 12/11 at Epcot. This year was the easiest I've had in over 5 years. We are a group of 6.

I just check Trattoria al Forno for 12/07, 12/08, 12/09, 12/10, 12/11. Breakfast and Dinner have several times available each day. Hope this helps anyone that might be interested.

I am trying to get CRT (any meal any time) reservations on 12/2 and can’t find anything. I heard from another group that a CM said there is openings yet from 11/28-12/15. Very curious to know when/if that will change.

Anyone have luck getting a Coral Reef dinner ADR for late November?

I’m guessing they are being held back? It seems a bit odd because there are lots of other Epcot restaurants with available dinner ADRs that week (that are part of the CP packages).

Anyone have luck getting a Coral Reef dinner ADR for late November?

I’m guessing they are being held back? It seems a bit odd because there are lots of other Epcot restaurants with available dinner ADRs that week (that are part of the CP packages).

For what ever reason, Coral Reef dinners have not been loaded yet. Just have to keep checking. Every year some of the CP restaurants release their dinner slots while others do not. CR is obviously one that did not this year. If not before, once the CP slots are released then the other slots will as well.

For what ever reason, Coral Reef dinners have not been loaded yet. Just have to keep checking. Every year some of the CP restaurants release their dinner slots while others do not. CR is obviously one that did not this year. If not before, once the CP slots are released then the other slots will as well.

Thanks! That’s what I figured but wasn’t sure.

Found out that several Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants are unavailable for ADR's for our trip 11/24-12/3. Couldn't believe so many would be completely booked for lunch or dinner for all days. Called Disney who informed me that several restaurants are closed to ADR's for much of Nov. and Dec. due to the Candlelight Procession dinner packages which are currently not released.

In the past, when has Disney released these restaurants for ADR's with or without the package?
Any idea what % of ADR availability is blocked out for the dinner package?

I'm at my 180 date and found several of the restaurants we want cannot be reserved at this time. UGH!!!

I've seen them release the packages as early as beginning of June and as late as August (we go every year the first week of December). I can't seem to remember when they were released last year ... but as soon as they were tons of ADR's opened up! I wasn't able to scorer an Akershus breakfast (my daughter is obsessed with the princesses!) but recall last year I had no issues getting one after the CP packages were released. (I didn't want the package - just the breakfast only and had no issues booking one). I wouldn't stress too much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter