ADRs- selling?

I’m of the opinion that it’s less hoarding, and more that Disney isn’t releasing as many reservations at 60+ as they could. I dont think they are releasing all the times they could and add them later. Whether it is glitches or an attempt to push people to other restaurants, there’s definitely something up this year. I had my pick of times at BOG but I can’t find Biergarten other than 3:35pm? More than 60 days out? It doesn’t make any sense.
I absolutely think it's possible they are trying to nudge people toward less popular restaurants. Just like they adjust park reservations to try and nudge people toward the non-castle, non-DHS parks.

I absolutely think it's possible they are trying to nudge people toward less popular restaurants. Just like they adjust park reservations to try and nudge people toward the non-castle, non-DHS parks.
But what doesn’t make sense is that my friend wanted to get Cape May Cafe dinner. I never thought that that restaurant was that popular and she couldn’t find it at her 60+ whatever days it was. She said she looked multiple days during the trip

But what doesn’t make sense is that my friend wanted to get Cape May Cafe dinner. I never thought that that restaurant was that popular and she couldn’t find it at her 60+ whatever days it was. She said she looked multiple days during the trip
But it IS a resort based restaurant. So maybe they are holding back like they said they were going to start doing.

But it IS a resort based restaurant. So maybe they are holding back like they said they were going to start doing.
So they hold back everything? She couldn’t even get it at 60+9. It’s so bizarre to me. And annoying to have to check every day now

So they hold back everything? She couldn’t even get it at 60+9. It’s so bizarre to me. And annoying to have to check every day now
I don't know what they're doing. I was alarmed at how little there was at Chef Mickey at 60 + 10. And it's not like they weren't loaded yet, because a few odd times were available.

It sure feels like they're holding back a decent amount. Or maybe it's as simple as a staffing shortage so capacity is down. But they did say they were going to start holding some back for people staying at their resorts. They just never said how anyone would go about accessing what they're holding back.

I can’t get Turf Club at Saratoga springs right now. I can’t imagine it is all that popular.

Last year for my February trip, I had a hard time booking Olivia’s for breakfast at OKW, they simply didn’t load times for breakfast to book until 2 weeks after the 60 day window opened.

I can’t get Turf Club at Saratoga springs right now. I can’t imagine it is all that popular.

Last year for my February trip, I had a hard time booking Olivia’s for breakfast at OKW, they simply didn’t load times for breakfast to book until 2 weeks after the 60 day window opened.
I think it's one thing if you can't find anything. That sometimes means they just aren't loaded yet. But when you find a few slots at odd times deep into the 60+10, it says to me they've been loaded but something else is up.

I think the Dining Fairy is a huge part of the problem

Any bot-like system makes it pretty unfair for the majority of guests

I think it's one thing if you can't find anything. That sometimes means they just aren't loaded yet. But when you find a few slots at odd times deep into the 60+10, it says to me they've been loaded but something else is up.

Well my dining window opens 12/26 and I'm staying at Riviera, it's a 60+7 window but I'll put a pin in Topolino's availability and report what I see then.

Well my dining window opens 12/26 and I'm staying at Riviera, it's a 60+7 window but I'll put a pin in Topolino's availability and report what I see then.
I'm not even convinced they are making them available up front to the people staying at that resort. Will be interesting to see. My hunch is that they are holding back for last minute "I'm staying here why can't I eat here" requests. Not sure how they would do that though. Seems goofy if they don't actually tell people how to access them.

It's a bot that automatically books reservations for people. It's able to book them the second they become available, many times before they can hit the site or other alert systems.
God i hate bots. Disney had a massive issue with bots last year in the uk anyway. It was almost impossible to get any special releases amd then stuff was sold on ebay at 5 x the amount almost immediately. They solved this by having a seperate waiting room system in place and have to confirm identies etc with captcha.

It took them way to long to deal with the problem. Honestly because they didnt care. As long as the bots were buying them they didnt care because they got their money and it made their limited editions look more sought after. However; the knock on effect on the collector community was huge. There are a lot of disney collectors out there myself included that no longer collect full sets and as a result most limited edition merch ends up in the sale and very few sell out day of. Most people will just buy one or two and currently few are sold because the designs are so ugly. Even if people didnt rate designs before they likely would have bought them as many were completionists.

Same thing will happen eventually at disneyworld. People wont be able to book dining on site so they will go off site more. Ive already booked cowfish, bull and bear, zeta asia for next march. Once people have to go offsite for dining then they think well might as well stay off site as well. People will start to go 'offsite' and then offsite fully. Disney not including values and moderates in extra evening hours will just perpetuate this.. it did for us we used amex points for hilton and marriott. Whats the point of staying on site when the value for offsite is so much more and the perks almost identical. Bonnet creek averages at 320 a night same as a moderate / cheap rate deluxe but you can pay with points...which in the us are really easy to accumulate. There are cheaper hiltons in disney springs that cost value money.

NOTE: ive not yet been. Was supposed to go disney world in 2020. Got deluxe dp upgraded from free dining ans easily got everything i wanted including crt, cali brunch and dinner. This time im just picking a few must dos but im not holding out hope.

Last edited:
I have noticed that they have been adding more "walk up" availability. About 15 minutes before a restaurant starts serving lunch or dinner, they will have the "walk up" feature on the app. You have to be close enough to the restaurant to get there in time before it lets you select it, but that option has been showing up for more and more restaurants.

There are DEFINITELY bots snatching up reservations. I've been haunting the site for BBB reservations and sometimes within seconds of them appearing they're ALL gone. Like if it lists 3 and you click on one, the site spins then will tell you it's already taken and boom, so are all the other ones as well.

There are DEFINITELY bots snatching up reservations. I've been haunting the site for BBB reservations and sometimes within seconds of them appearing they're ALL gone. Like if it lists 3 and you click on one, the site spins then will tell you it's already taken and boom, so are all the other ones as well.
I just had a look and dining fairy is $6pp per booking. Are people really paying that money on top of paying the already expensive cost of food. Id rather bring a samdwich into the park than pay someone for that.

It looks like a relatively new website hopefully disney will put a stop to this. Mouse dining have had to remove the calendar option which i really thought would be helpful for disney to have. So hopefully they will sort it out soon.

But PSA dont pay $24 for a family of 4 to get a reservation... that is ridiculous and if people didnt do things like that these people would make no money. Y

I just had a look and dining fairy is $6pp per booking. Are people really paying that money on top of paying the already expensive cost of food. Id rather bring a samdwich into the park than pay someone for that.

It looks like a relatively new website hopefully disney will put a stop to this. Mouse dining have had to remove the calendar option which i really thought would be helpful for disney to have. So hopefully they will sort it out soon.

But PSA dont pay $24 for a family of 4 to get a reservation... that is ridiculous and if people didnt do things like that these people would make no money. Y
Sorry scrap that mouse dining calendar was an internal issue and is now back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter