ADRs- selling?

How can you do that? You can't change the first person's name. If you "sold" it and the buyers didn't show up, it's your credit card. And what buyer would give a stranger their credit card info if the first name can't be switched? they could just sell it again to someone else.

So many threads right now with people having way more trouble getting ADRs. I still think it's connected to this new thing they're trying, holding back some of the ADRs for resort based restaurants for people staying there. Still absolutely no idea how they will make those available to people.

So many threads right now with people having way more trouble getting ADRs. I still think it's connected to this new thing they're trying, holding back some of the ADRs for resort based restaurants for people staying there. Still absolutely no idea how they will make those available to people.
Is that why it’s hard to get reservations at hotels? I kind of think it’s partially BS because the perk of staying on property is the 60+ days. If they hold back an insane amount where people can’t get reservations even at 60+9, that’s a problem. It seems like more and more perks are being taken away for staying on property.

Is that why it’s hard to get reservations at hotels? I kind of think it’s partially BS because the perk of staying on property is the 60+ days. If they hold back an insane amount where people can’t get reservations even at 60+9, that’s a problem. It seems like more and more perks are being taken away for staying on property.
I don't know, but it's my working theory. When my 60+10 opened recently and I could see that 10th day, the very first day ADRs were available to anyone, the choices at Chef Mickey were really limited.

I don't know, but it's my working theory. When my 60+10 opened recently and I could see that 10th day, the very first day ADRs were available to anyone, the choices at Chef Mickey were really limited.
So CM was available that 10th day but no others? Wow. Insane. How many people even have 10 day trips?!?

So CM was available that 10th day but no others? Wow. Insane. How many people even have 10 day trips?!?
It wasn't available for a party of 2 any morning between 7:55 AM and after noon. When I opened it up to a party of 4, there were a few options, but not as many as there should have been for the full 10 days out.

The link you initially posted was from 2015. Is this still going on?

I removed the link when I noticed the date, since it wouldn't coroborate current issues. I fully believe people are hoarding ADR's. I believe it's been mentioned on Pete's show and it's been mentioned on 2 other Disney podcasts I listen to, Addicted to the Mouse and Main Street Magic. I can't find any other reasonable explanation and my cynical side says this is exactly what people would be doing.

I removed the link when I noticed the date, since it wouldn't coroborate current issues. I fully believe people are hoarding ADR's. I believe it's been mentioned on Pete's show and it's been mentioned on 2 other Disney podcasts I listen to, Addicted to the Mouse and Main Street Magic. I can't find any other reasonable explanation and my cynical side says this is exactly what people would be doing.
I don't disagree that hoarding is going on. But it's always gone on. I'm trying to figure out what's making it so much worse all of a sudden.

I see the hoarding being done, but how would one sell such?

Where are you seeing this happening? There was a website that existed a few years ago that sold hard-to-get ADRs (this is when BOG was impossible to get), but it was dismantled pretty quickly - it's my understanding they received a pretty curt letter from Disney lawyers.

That's terrible if people are selling ADRs. I personally don't see how it's physically possible, but there's always those out there who try to scam things. It's a shame. It's difficult enough to get the ADRs without that, and Disney is so expensive as it is, I don't want to have to buy ADRs. I'd sooner eat at all counter services.

I have just read where other people are saying the ADRs are being sold. On social media and such.

I believe that people hoard reservations, but they are not "selling" them. As another poster said, you can't transfer reservations to another person. And who in their right mind would pay a complete stranger for a reservation that the stranger can just cancel anytime and keep their money? This sounds like one of those "what is wrong with Disney" lies that some people put out to keep the negative agenda up.
Now for those who horde reservations because they "don't know what they will fell like eating", those people are just rude and selfish. That thought would not even pop into my head to do. I know what kind of food that I like and it's not like we can't just eat what we have picked out for the day. I truly don't understand that mentality.

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion that it’s less hoarding, and more that Disney isn’t releasing as many reservations at 60+ as they could. I dont think they are releasing all the times they could and add them later. Whether it is glitches or an attempt to push people to other restaurants, there’s definitely something up this year. I had my pick of times at BOG but I can’t find Biergarten other than 3:35pm? More than 60 days out? It doesn’t make any sense.

I was wondering what was going on. This has been really unusual. My 60 day mark was Friday and I wasn't able to find anything in the Boardwalk area, my resort area, for breakfasts. Also, nothing at Sanaa anytime during my stay, yet there were openings before my arrival. And, my trip is not during the earlier busy January times. On the other hand, I was able to get ADRs for more of the normally hard to find locations for dinners, etc. Really strange! I thought, too, that Disney must be holding back availability early on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter