• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR's or reservations for dining?

cstraub

DIS Veteran
How far in advance should I plan dining? What's the number for people who only speak English?

There is no specific number for English speakers, but if you ask politely "parlez vous anglais" you'll be put on to a CM who speaks English.
Depending when you are travelling advance dining reservation might not be required and if you prefer can organise them while at the park.

Even in the high of summer the most we have reserved is on the morning we plan to eat.

Are there any must do Character breakfast's or events like there are at WDW such as CRT or the pirate cruise for kids?

Character breakfast, teas and suppers can be had at Cafe Mickey, Plaza Gardens, Lucky Nugget saloon, Disneyland Hotel.

Plaza Gardens does a really nice Character Tea Party.The reservations number is 0033160304050, if that helps...............I always prebook, and reids right you probably don't need to, I just get tooo excited and like to do it all before we go!!!! ::yes::

kaye :goodvibes

Just called this number and booked our specials for our stay. We have a dinner in Invention on the 31 of January and the Teaparty on the 1st of February.

Oh I am really starting to get very exited. :)

Last time we were thre Cafe Mickey looked crazy whenever we went past - what's it like to eat there? Don't remember seeing the Lucky Nugget Saloon - is it new? (Mind you, lots of restaurants were closed when we went (Witsun week) untill the French Public Holiday the day we left - when the park filled up with French people!

We couldnt get the character breakfast we wanted in december 2004 so I have tended to book character meals like that in advance. On the othere hand I think you can prebook character meals on your us reservation line. We certainly can here in Spain

MazdaUK said:
Last time we were there Cafe Mickey looked crazy whenever we went past - what's it like to eat there? Don't remember seeing the Lucky Nugget Saloon - is it new? (Mind you, lots of restaurants were closed when we went (Witsun week) untill the French Public Holiday the day we left - when the park filled up with French people!
Cafe Mickey's good but personally I prefer the atmosphere and surroundings of the Lucky Nugget. We've been very impressed by the food there too.

diberry said:
Cafe Mickey's good but personally I prefer the atmosphere and surroundings of the Lucky Nugget. We've been very impressed by the food there too.
I would second this. :) The food at both places is excellent. Cafe Mickey is a menu restaurant while Lucky Nugget is an eat-all-you-can buffet which my DDs prefer! :rotfl: We ate at Cafe Mickey for the first time last month and although it was very very busy we were not rushed in any way and really enjoyed it there. However we prefer the theming of the Lucky Nugget, you can pretend you are at a real wild west saloon! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter