• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs...online or over the phone?

In the past, I made my ADRs over the phone. Today I did them online. It took me about a half hour to make ten ADRs. I was not on hold, so online cuts down that time. I guess the difference is the human factor and are you comfortable with the online system. You can get online one hour earlier.

I am a social creature by nature. I always prefer to talk to someone, who speaks English well and works here in the US, rather than to deal with a website, of course that's also assuming that the call is toll free.

In the case of ADR's now, I am an online booker.

Why don't you give it a go online and keep the number handy to call if you have any problems? Online is reportedly quicker than on the phone, but if the websit plays up .... you may end up calling anyhow.

I have never used online before for my ADRs - I don't actually think it was up and running last time I made them at the beginning of 2009 so I am soon to have my first go at the system too. You may want to play around on the website first to get familiar with it. Worst thing that can happen is that you end up calling - like you were thinking of doing anyway. :goodvibes

Thank you for everyone's input. I ended up doing all my ADRs online and it was so easy and fast. I was able to get every ADR at the time and place I had planned on (today was my 180 day mark). YAY! :cool1:

Thank again for helping a newbie!

I have a question for you guys, haven't been to Disney for a couple of years so don't know about this new reservation system online.

Do you need to have a hotel reservation with confirmation # do make ressies online????:surfweb:

I have a question for you guys, haven't been to Disney for a couple of years so don't know about this new reservation system online.

Do you need to have a hotel reservation with confirmation # do make ressies online????:surfweb:

If you are trying to book at 180+10 then you need to put in your reservation # in order to be allowed access to the 10 days. If you are less time, you don't have to put the reservation in. Hope that made sense!

If you are trying to book at 180+10 then you need to put in your reservation # in order to be allowed access to the 10 days. If you are less time, you don't have to put the reservation in. Hope that made sense!

yes it makes sense!!! We are planning this trip in the 3rd week of march:scared1: So I need to get going with these ressies!!!

Where do I see the link to make ressies?;)

Definately online.

The online system simulataneously suggests alternative times/places that you or a person on the phone might not think of......

Just keep an open mind and make your most important ressies first. Also keep in mind, if a place is full for your time slot, but the experience is important, choose an alternate time.

If it is all about the dining times, be prepared to choose another venue, if your first choice is booked up. I was so disappointed I couldn't get Crystal Palace last December, and lo and behold, it suggested 1900 Park Fare. We had a blast!!!!!

Have fun!

Definitely online. Removes the additional human factor which helps to reduce the change of error.

I just made all the ressies:woohoo:

I was not able to book Ohanna's or Le Cellier, but I was able to have

Crystal Palace, Akershus, Garden Grill, The Wave, Mama Melrose and 50' Prime Time Cafe:banana::banana:

Phone for me. I like doing online stuff, but have just not found may have over to the online system.

I love making the reservations on line. I was nervous prior to making them--worried I'd mess something up, but it was a cinch. No waiting on hold, you can try various times, locations, etc.

Online for me! You can do it an hour earlier, no being on hold, you get a confirmation to print out right away, and when the exact original times I input were not available, I could think about the alternate times suggested a little bit without feeling like I was holding someone up. (Of course I didn't think too long because I wanted to get the requests submitted ASAP! ;))

In the past, I made my ADRs over the phone. Today I did them online. It took me about a half hour to make ten ADRs. I was not on hold, so online cuts down that time. I guess the difference is the human factor and are you comfortable with the online system. You can get online one hour earlier.
I did them online today. It was very simple and easy to use!!

On-line is GREAT because you get to see alternate times and locations if your selected time/location isn't available. I felt like I had more control of the process and my options.

Question - we will be a party of 8. Does my room reservation need to be for a party of 8? Can you book party of 8 online?

Thanks, everyone! I ended up booking all my ADRs online and it was so easy! After I made all my reservations, I ended up calling the dining line, too, just to confirm (I guess I needed confirmation from "someONE")! We were able to get all our ADRs on the 180th day.

I definitely would book online again:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter